Question

Off shift in MWO before starting the work task - what is the reason for that?

Badge +6

Hello, when trying to accept a work assignment in MWO, this message appeared, saying that the shift has not been started.

Even though it’s no problem in starting the shift and continuing with the work task, I do not understand why this message appeared. For this user there are no shifts defined. Is there a possibility to see in Cloud the shifts (and I haven’t found it yet) or is this related to some kind of synchronization?

Thank you very much.

12 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi, 

You can check if shifts have been generated for the person logged in to the MWO,  in IFS Cloud. Navigate to Resource Management\Resource Schedules and Capacity\Resource Availability or if it is your own user,  check in My Resource shift calendar.

You should not be getting this message, if there are no shifts generated.

Regards,

Uthpala

Badge +6

Hello,

Thank you very much for the answer. It was not my user, but I checked again and there were no shifts generated. I actually checked short time after the message appeared. That is why I find it strange, that the user received this kind of message in MWO.

Best regards,

Iulia

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi

Can you please check if the “Shift Start Validation” has been enforced to the user via the Workflow Configuration as below?

Thanks

Sampath

Badge +6

Hello Sampath,

Thank you very much for the reply. This is what I’ve found:

Can you tell me what does this exactly mean? Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

Iulia

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi,

If this setting is set to FALSE , it forces the user to login to shift before starting work.  Either way, if there are no shifts generated for the person , this should not be triggered. 

You can read more about workflow actions in the documentation. https://docs.ifs.com/ifsclouddocs/23r1/DefineMaintenanceBasics/AboutWorkFlowConfiguration.htm

Please raise an issue for this. 

Thanks,

Uthpala

Badge +6

Hello Uthpala,

Thank you very much for the answer and the explanation. It is very helpful.

I will do so.

Best regards,

Iulia

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi

Can you please check if the “Shift Start Validation” has been enforced to the user via the Workflow Configuration as below?

Thanks

Sampath

Question @skullk  - Once you create the workflow how to you apply it to all mobile users? was able to use access tab and add all the necessary sites but the mobile users still need to validate shift start

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @jbernardo 

The inquiry to start the shift before starting the work is raised by default. However this is asked just once per shift if the Shift Start Validation is not enforced via the workflow configuration.  

I believe the inquiry is not raised if the resource has no shifts defined. 

Read more about shifts handling in mobile here: https://docs.ifs.com/ifsclouddocs/23r2/WorkProcessing/AboutMobileWorkOrder.htm?StandAlone=true#Shift_&_Break_Handling_in_IFS_Service_MWO_and_IFS_Maintenance_MWO

Thanks

Sampath

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @jbernardo 

The inquiry to start the shift before starting the work is raised by default. However this is asked just once per shift if the Shift Start Validation is not enforced via the workflow configuration.  

I believe the inquiry is not raised if the resource has no shifts defined. 

Read more about shifts handling in mobile here: https://docs.ifs.com/ifsclouddocs/23r2/WorkProcessing/AboutMobileWorkOrder.htm?StandAlone=true#Shift_&_Break_Handling_in_IFS_Service_MWO_and_IFS_Maintenance_MWO

Thanks

Sampath

My issue isnt with the shifts defined. its trying to not have this popup appear at all.

we have technician log into the device and want them to be able to just start travelling without having ti “start shift” if that makes sense

From what i can see, with this workflow enabled, all it allows is for the user to say ‘no’ to starting their shift and they can continue with the work status change. if its off then they are stopped by the system and not allowed to proceed

is there no way to bypass the pop up entirely where techs arent required to say yes or no to a shift start?

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi,

If you don’t want to enforce the shift start at work start, please set the “Ignore shift start validation” workflow action to TRUE. Then the tech will be able to proceed with their work regardless of the shift status.

If the workflow action has been set to False in any of the workflow configurations that is valid for the user, user will be forced to start the shift before starting the work.

Thanks

Sampath

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi,

If you don’t want to enforce the shift start at work start, please set the “Ignore shift start validation” workflow action to TRUE. Then the tech will be able to proceed with their work regardless of the shift status.

If the workflow action has been set to False in any of the workflow configurations that is valid for the user, user will be forced to start the shift before starting the work.

Thanks

Sampath

we set it to true and the resulting behaviour was that it allowed the user to say “no” at the prompt and continue working. But the prompt was shown nonetheless 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi,

Thanks

Sampath

we set it to true and the resulting behaviour was that it allowed the user to say “no” at the prompt and continue working. But the prompt was shown nonetheless 

Yes, in that case, the prompt will appear just one time and just act like a reminder. It won’t appear when the Tech starts the next job.