Solved

Objects does not appear in MWO service app

• 29 January 2024
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hi Experts,

I have created a object in my mobile user site and have tasks on that object.

Mobile tasks are sync to mobile app.

I have added user site to user IFSSERVICEENGAPP in “site per user”.

And have added security groups for the permission set as following.

But I can not see objects in here 

or inside the task under object

Could you please advise me on what could go wrong?

Thanks,

Hesh

icon

Best answer by Heshala 30 January 2024, 09:32

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi

In which cloud version you are testing? If you are testing in 23R2, please refer to the online documentation as object handling in mobile is changed. 

Thanks

Sampath

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hi

In which cloud version you are testing? If you are testing in 23R2, please refer to the online documentation as object handling in mobile is changed. 

Thanks

Sampath

Hi Sampath,

Thanks for the reply.

Im testing in 23R1

Thanks,

Hesh

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Does your MWO user also have access to the site of the object?

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Does your MWO user also have access to the site of the object?

Hi @Alexander Heinze,

Yes, it has.

Regards,

Hesh.

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hi

I got this sorted.

@Alexander Heinze  and @skullk thanks for helping out.

To overcome this issue you have to add your mobile user’s site or object site to both users IFSMAINTENGAPP and IFSSERVICEENGAPP.

And re-intialize your MWO.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

@Heshala thanks for sharing. This will change in 23R2 where the ServiceEngApp moves Object sync from Group Push to Batch.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@Heshala thanks for sharing. This will change in 23R2 where the ServiceEngApp moves Object sync from Group Push to Batch.

Does this mean that Equipment object filtering in the MWO sync process is possible? And the user sees only relevant objects instead of the whole equipment database?

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Does this mean that Equipment object filtering in the MWO sync process is possible? And the user sees only relevant objects instead of the whole equipment database?

Have a look here: IFS Cloud - MWO Service demystified (23R2) - revised version | IFS Community

On top of the standard batch filter you can apply additional include/exclude filters and even download individual objects on-demand in MWO.