IFS Cloud - MWO Service demystified (23R2) - revised version

• 5 January 2024
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

This is the 2nd revision of MWO Demystified, which now includes everything that was added in 23R2.

188 pages cover:

• MWO Service with Work Order Management vs. Request Management
  • Work
  • Crew work
  • Work status
  • My misc. allocations
  • Set attention on/off
  • Scope Review
  • Work to Prepare
  • Mobile Integration
  • New Service Request / New Work
  • My Breaks
  • Objects
  • Measurements
  • My stock
  • Move stock
  • Purchase handling
  • Request quotations/Service quotations
  • Sync Monitor
  • GPS tracking
  • Documents, media, and attachments
  • Technician Workflow
  • Surveys/eForms
  • Usability
  • Architecture
  • Security
  • Selected MWO parameters
  • Synchronization and the offline database
  • What data gets synced?
  • Set up the mobile user
  • Configuration
  • Troubleshooting

Don’t forget to check out the rest of the Demystified Trilogy, IFS Cloud - Scheduling demystified (23R2) and IFS Cloud - Next-Generation Service Management demystified (23R2).

8 replies

Badge

In MWO Service App, Under Scope Review option, i am not able to see any data.

I have followed the document - IFS CLOUD MWO SERVICE DEMYSTIFIED, I am not able to see any option to add New Scope or Add Additional Work or New work. I checked in IFS Cloud>Application Paramters>SERVICE_REQUEST_FOR_NEW_WORK is set to true, i have created a Request Task and added a new Scope for a request from IFS Cloud, but i am not able to set the Scope like below as mentioned in the document

Task>Add Request Scope>Plan a scope for reviewing

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Can you share a screenshot of the page on which you expect to see these buttons? Is it on the home page and/or the task?

Badge

Hi,

I was referring to this part in the document

Scope Review

This functionality works differently depending on whether using Work Orders or Requests (see MWO Service with Work Order Management vs. Request Management). Scope Review is only available when using Requests i.e., SERVICE_REQUEST_FOR_NEW_WORK = TRUE

Scope Review shows scopes that were created using from Task>Add Request Scope>Plan a scope for reviewing. Modify allows changing the Object, Service, and Contract. The Scope Review list will also show an estimated price for the new scope.

Also this part:

New Work/Additional work

This functionality works differently depending on whether using Work Orders or Requests (see MWO Service with Work Order Management vs. Request Management). Note: As of 23R2 MWO does not utilize the Service User Group concept. SERVICE_REQUEST_FOR_NEW_WORK = TRUE

The Additional Work button provides the following options:

My Question:

I dont see Additional Work Button in MWO Service App

I dont see any items under Scope Review Option in MWO Service App

So, from IFS Cloud, Task>Add Request Scope>Plan a scope for reviewing, this option is not available. I am checking in Request Management. Add New Scope is there, but Plan a Scope for reviewing is not there.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

I understand, I just wanted to see what buttons are available to guess if this has to do with permissions or technician workflow for example. Are you using workflow? And did you re-initialize after setting SERVICE_REQUEST_FOR_NEW_WORK to TRUE?

Badge

Yes Reinitialized, multiple times Actually

In the Screen shot below Under Scope Review, there are no items. Also there is no button for Additional Task

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

I tested using 23.2.4 and the same MWO version that you have. On a Request Task I see both buttons:

And if I choose Add Request Scope>Plan a scope for reviewing, I can also find it under Home Page>Scope Review. As noted in the document, you will only see Scopes created in MWO, not the ones from IFS Cloud.

Badge

Thanks, do i need to enable any action under Techportals>Workflows>Used in>TechPortal and MWO>Actions tab and relate the SIte that i am using for this testing? I can try doing this and let you know on the outcome

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Have a look at the Visibility conditions of the “Add Request Scope” button:

(record.MobileWorkOrderRef != null AND record.MobileWorkOrderRef.TaskType != "Bundled") AND ((record.MobileWorkOrderRef != null AND record.MobileWorkOrderRef.AssignmentType != "NewKeep") AND record.Objstate != "COMPLETED" AND (record.TaskRef != null AND record.TaskRef.WoNo = null)) AND (record.WorkflowConfigId = null OR (record.WorkflowConfigId != null AND (record.CfgActionNewWorkRef != null AND record.CfgActionNewWorkRef.UsedInApplication = true))) AND (record.MobileWorkOrderRef != null AND record.MobileWorkOrderRef.IsCrewLeader != "FALSE")

For testing I would give the MWO user all Security Groups and make sure you don’t apply any workflows (e.g., the ones explained in chapter “Workflow actions for person resources” and “Workflow actions for work tasks”, which would in fact remove the commands).