Question

Object connection screen - Single LU with multiple Views gets overwritten with the latest record saved.

• 3 April 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi All,

Can you kindly help me with below query raised from one of our customers ?

Single LU with multiple View gets overwritten in object connections window. Is this the standard behavior or is it something that should be fixed ?

Example:

Let’s say I create an entry in object connections window for LU PurchaseOrderLine and view PURCHASE_ORDER_LINE_ALL. Enter other needed data and save the record.

Then create another new record for the same LU PurchaseOrderLine with a different view like RECEIPT_INFO_ALT. Enter other needed data and save the record.

Note that the 1st line gets removed and only the 2nd line remains.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Thilini

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi,

Only one line per LU can be defined asked it would not make sense to allow more, at least not the way the functionality works now. Do you know what they are trying to achieve?

/Mathias

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi Mathias,

Thanks for the response. I will try to get more  details from customer and will get back.

Best Regards,

Thilini

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi Mathias,

I received more details from customer. They want to enable attachments in both Milestone/Stage Payment of Purchase head and Register Arrivals screen. Even though LU of Milestone/Stage Payment of Purchase head and Register Arrivals screen is same, however views are different.
They have added the attachments function to both screens with "Object Connections" screen.
The view was overwritten, and Oracle error has happened when user opened one of screen, and user can solve it with view change in this "PurchaseOrder" LU case, however users cannot follow up every case, so they have requested to solve the root cause.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Thilini

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

I don’t understand the issue completely but if there is an error in one of these forms when the attachments have been enabled for the LU, then that error needs to be looked into by the product group that owns the forms (i.e. not by the Docman nor Framework teams). I can guarantee that there will be no change in the basic data, allowing multiple views. It simply would not make sense.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

This issue is on Object Connections window. Framework team will have a look at it. http://jira/browse/DUXZEEFW-1339