Solved

Notify Me App in Android 13 or + - IFS Apps 10

• 4 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Is it even possible to use Notify Me in Android 13 or + for IFS Apps 10? 
or the only way to use in Android is with Aurena?

icon

Best answer by Rukmal Fernando 5 December 2023, 02:56

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @eduardo.sm, Notify Me on Apps10 is indeed supported on Android 13.

From what you’re saying though, I guess that you’re on “IFS Notify Me 10”, where due to a recent Google Play Store policy change, you are currently unable to install IFS Notify Me 10 via the Play Store. This is likely because you are on an Android 13 device and your Google account has not previously been used to install IFS Notify Me 10 on any other device, am I correct?

If so, you have 4 options:

1. Use your Google account on an older Android device (Android 12 or older) to first install IFS Notify Me 10. This should now make it possible for you to also install it on your Android 13 device using the same Google account.
  2. Wait until mid-December - there is a planned update to IFS Notify Me 10 which is expected to be released by mid-December and should align with the Google Play Story updated policy and allow you to install it as with our other apps
  3. Obtain the APK file directly and sideload IFS Notify Me 10 - you can report a Support Ticket and request the APK file (strongly recommended) or extract from the Play Store (not recommended, but possible). You’ll have to enable sideloading too.
  4. Consider upgrading to “IFS Aurena Notify Me 10”, which has a much better server-side performance and improved Push Notification support, for example.

To re-iterate and clarify, if I understood the blocker you face, that’s because the Google Play Store currently does not allow you to install via the Play Store due to a policy change, but the Android OS will not block you in any way. In any case, an update is expected which should again enable installs via the Play Store.

I hope this unblocks you!

Rukmal

Badge +2

Hi @eduardo.sm, Notify Me on Apps10 is indeed supported on Android 13.

From what you’re saying though, I guess that you’re on “IFS Notify Me 10”, where due to a recent Google Play Store policy change, you are currently unable to install IFS Notify Me 10 via the Play Store. This is likely because you are on an Android 13 device and your Google account has not previously been used to install IFS Notify Me 10 on any other device, am I correct?

If so, you have 4 options:

1. Use your Google account on an older Android device (Android 12 or older) to first install IFS Notify Me 10. This should now make it possible for you to also install it on your Android 13 device using the same Google account.
  2. Wait until mid-December - there is a planned update to IFS Notify Me 10 which is expected to be released by mid-December and should align with the Google Play Story updated policy and allow you to install it as with our other apps
  3. Obtain the APK file directly and sideload IFS Notify Me 10 - you can report a Support Ticket and request the APK file (strongly recommended) or extract from the Play Store (not recommended, but possible). You’ll have to enable sideloading too.
  4. Consider upgrading to “IFS Aurena Notify Me 10”, which has a much better server-side performance and improved Push Notification support, for example.

To re-iterate and clarify, if I understood the blocker you face, that’s because the Google Play Store currently does not allow you to install via the Play Store due to a policy change, but the Android OS will not block you in any way. In any case, an update is expected which should again enable installs via the Play Store.

I hope this unblocks you!

Rukmal

Thanks a lot for the answer! It really helped us.

We used the 1st option, but IFS Notify Me 10 is only available on Android 10 or older. Unfortunetly it’s been 3 years since the app isn’t avaible on Android. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@eduardo.sm glad to hear you seem to have a way forward.

To clarify my previous answer and tie it to your last comment about availability - IFS Notify Me 10 was last updated in January 2021 and that’s because there were no functional changes nor any Support Tickets reported requiring an app update.

However, the “unavailability” that you experienced came into effect only from 1st November 2023 when Google Play Store changed their policy and required apps to target the latest Android OS versions in order to be discoverable for “new users” (i.e.: a Google account that hasn’t installed it before) via the Play Store, but users who have installed it before can  continue to install it on any device. This connects to my suggestion #1. This policy change only applies to installs via the Play Store app, and it can be sideloaded and installed on any device with no restrictions (suggestion #3), so this isn’t really an “unavailability”.

Unfortunately, aligning with this Google Play Store policy change has necessitated a few more changes and we also need to be confident that it doesn’t break things that used to work for you and other users, which is what has taken time. However as I said, we’re pretty confident that we’ll have a quality assured new version by mid-December.

To recap: IFS Notify Me 10 has continued to be fully available and installable to all users, except for limited Play Store discoverability for new Google accounts on new Android devices since 1st of November, and this discoverability limitation is expected to be resolved by mid-December.