Solved

Not Working: EXTERNAL web link in Navigator for Mobile Apps - IFS MWO Service

• 11 August 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hello Community,

Seeking Assistance: Navigation Menu Link Issue in IFS MWO Service Mobile App.

I hope this message finds you well. I am currently working on integrating a Navigation Menu into the IFS MWO Service mobile app from IFS Cloud. While I've successfully added the menu using the Navigator Designer, I'm facing an issue where the links within the menu are not opening as expected upon clicking.

Specifically, I'm trying to open both internal app views and external links within the app itself. However, neither of these actions seems to be working. Internal app views aren't loading, and external links aren't opening either in the app or in an external browser.

I've attached a couple of screenshots to help illustrate the situation:

1. Screenshot 1: This showcases the Navigation Menu I've designed using the Navigator Designer.

1. Screenshot 2: Here, you can see the issue I'm encountering when attempting to click on the menu links. The expected views or external content are not opening.

I'm hoping to find a solution that would allow me to make these links work seamlessly within the app, opening the appropriate content whether it's an internal view or external link. If anyone has experience with IFS MWO Service from IFS Cloud or similar mobile app development, I would greatly appreciate your insights.

Has anyone encountered a similar issue with Navigation Menu links not opening properly in the IFS MWO Service app? If so, were you able to resolve it? Are there any best practices or workarounds you'd recommend for handling internal and external links effectively within the app?

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide. Your expertise and guidance would be invaluable in helping me overcome this challenge.

Best regards,

Mizanul Islam

icon

Best answer by James Ashmore 11 August 2023, 16:14

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

This is exactly what Mobile Integrations are designed for. No need to configure this via custom navigation.

Please read IFS Cloud Documentation and 1.17.6.1 Define Mobile Work Order Basics (ifs.com) regarding Mobile Integrations

Cheers

James

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi @James Ashmore 

I added the Mobile Integration Lines too.

It's fine.

But trying to understand how it works as EXTARNAL in navigation?

Thanks for the Doc links :)

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

A deep link is just a URL...so no difference in config from calling a web page to opening an app

Cheers

James

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Is there any way to open it in this app itself?

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Not at present. For App to App integrations this is impossible. To open IFS Cloud pages within MWO then this *could* be possible but it does open a whole number of issues with usability and license control as most MWO users are sold as LTUs

Please add as an Idea though and add some specific use cases/scenarios that we can consider in the future

Cheers

James

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Thank you @James Ashmore for the information.