Question

No part available to select when returning parts

• 23 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I am trying to return a part using the mobile as part of a part swap scenario.  When I select the part from the Returns screen on the mobile I don’t see any parts.  I have the part in an assortment and I can see the inventory part when I look at the database viewer.  If I perform a quick return I can see the part and complete the process, however, I would like to use the return process.

Any suggestions?

Environment is IFS Cloud 23R1, ServiceEngApp

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi, 

Do you mean when you are trying to create a planned return record, you cannot see the required inventory parts in the list of values for part ? 

In mobile, the parts list is filtered by the inventory parts in the task site.  Please check if this is the case in your scenario.

Regards,

Uthpala

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

This is correct.  I cannot see the inventory part to select.  There is currently no filtering within the application as there is limited data.  As I said I can see the data in the database viewer.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I have worked out what the issue was.  My Service Organisation was using a different logistics site against the branch which was different to the site where the work was requested and the Service Organisations Sites Logistic Site.  Interesting that the Planned Returns and the Quick Return functions use parts from different sites.

@James Ashmore would you expect the Planned Returns and Quick Return to pickup the Inventory Part information from the same site?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Sounds like we could have a potential issue here. Could you raise as a case please for further investigation

Cheers

James

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi,

This is a known limitation in planned returns.  We had similar limitations in material issue process which have been resolved in 23R2.  Please raise a case so that it can be considered in a future release.

Regards,

Uthpala