Solved

mWO Service 10 - object access

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hallo, I need some help with mWO objects. I have  approximately 8 000 objects serviced by 50 technician. So I want to divide the objects into smaller parts (like service regions) & and have individual access to them.

I disable property SuncAllObject on TAS.

I (even)  disconnect group push user (IFSSERVICEENGAPP) from the site.

Doesn’t work. Every mobile user can see all the objects. What else I should do ? Any idea, please ?

icon

Best answer by James Ashmore 29 June 2020, 12:22

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi,

Please kindly note that, "Sync all object" option in TAS doesn't have any impact on any arena native app(mwo maintenance 10 and mwo service 10 ).

In aurena native, You have to follow below steps in order to connect objects:

1. Connect site to Group push user (IFSMAINTENGAPP / IFSSERVICEENGAPP) for each app
  2. Connect that site to mobile user
  3. Initialize the device
  4. All objects in that site will transfer to mobile

Can you please kindly confirm you have followed above steps correctly ?

/Subash Perera

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi

According to the functionality, if user connected site is connected to group push user, all objects in that site will display in mobile app.

Have tried initializing the device once you disconnect site from group push user?

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi,

I agree with all of you.  Subash, I want the technician to have access to the object located only on their

region (what means not 8 000 items but - let’s say - 500).  According to  your suggestions I still have the access to all object on the mobile device.

Dakshine, I’ve disconnected the site from the group push user - does not help...

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi,

Sorry, but not much clear with your issue.

Let me know, once you have disconnect site from group user and initialize device, do you still see all the object connected to that site?

If you have disconnect site, then you may not see any object in the mobile.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi,

Sorry for unclear in my post. Indeed, I’ve had this situation (group push user disconnected from the site,

SyncAllObject disabled), until I run “Clean Up Touch Apps Entity Sync Data” and then  “Refresh Mobile

Sync Objects” tasks. Even when I put an object in Obejcts/User Tab (Mobile Object Synchronization Data) I don’t see any object on the mobile device. What’s wrong ? Do I need to make something else ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi,

Once you disconnect group push user from you site, mobile user will not get any object in the mobile.

You need to connect group push user to your site. And then initialize the device. Then you can see all the objects connected to site in the mobile.

In mWO service 10 app, mobile user will get all the objects in the site, once site connected to group push user.

It cannot manage with  it "Objects/User Tab (Mobile Object Synchronization Data)"

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

HI,

Is that means I can’t manage the objects (in Objects/User Tab) in mWO service 10 at all ?. 

Now I have IFSSERVICEENGAPP connected to my site.  I initialize the device. I see 0 objects. 

Before I run “Clean Up Touch Apps Entity Sync Data”  this morning I could see all my objects…

Maybe I don’t know which conditions have to meet to set up mWO properly ? If you’re still

patient with me...

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

If you want to restrict the Object sync you can add a Permission Set Filter. This can be based on any business rules you want (like Location). You need a way to map a ground of objects to a group of users.

There is a new sync method called Grouped Push that has been introduced with MWO Service and MWO Maintenance. This groups objects and pushes updates to a group of users. Be default this is based on Site access.

Please note that a permission set filter on a Grouped Push entity cannot be User specific. You can read more about Grouped Push in the F1 documentation under Foundation1/040_administration/415_touch_apps/020_configuration/010_synchronization_rules/default.htm#Grouped_Push

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Thank’s James. I’ll try to play with the Permission Set Filter according to your advice. 

But tell me, please, how to recover the settings to the condition I had before I run 

“Clean Up Touch Apps Entity Sync Data” : all the object were accessible on the mobile device.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Running the “Clean Up Touch Apps Entity Sync Data” will not alter the Equipment Object sync data. For Grouped Push entities the data is collected in advance of a device synchronizing. If you alter the language or the grouped push users company/site access then you will see the results after the next Grouped Push Init - which you can see in Solution Manager > Touch Apps > Logs & Queues > Grouped Push Transaction Queue

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Thanks James, correction of the group push users settings it works !