Solved

MWO No Longer Showing Tiles - Service App (Cloud 23)

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi Experts, 

One of our  customer has been updated to 23R1 SU2 in environment, and when logging in to MWO they are not seeing any tiles for processes. 

They have given the all the required security grants,

What can be the issue for this. Is there any specific permission set we needs to grant? 

Thanks and Best Regards.

Sanjana 

icon

Best answer by kathlk 30 June 2023, 08:41

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi,

Did they clear the security cache? 😉

Badge +1

Hi,

Did they clear the security cache? 😉

Hi,

Yes, it is. We have tried that and tried disabling and enabling the application too.

BR,
KUCHLK.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Have you checked the device logs? if not, can you clear the device logs, re-initialize the app and check the logs again? The logs might reveal what’s happening.

Also, is it the same behaviour for all users? Do they use Windows only or if they use other platforms, what is the behaviour on those platforms?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi,

Do a Dummy Device Init from the Installed App/Devices screen for the user you have selected. And go to the logs of that user. Do you see the message ‘Init data ignored for xxxxxx as user has not been granted to access it’ for all entities?  If not, then this is a different problem. Also you can check the Out messages for the Dummy Device and confirm that you can see messages Insert  like ‘MobileClientSecurity’ .

Can you pls do below.

Add ‘MobileClientRuntime’ and ‘ServiceEngApp’ projection to the IFS ALL permission and try to init the device again.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Actually what’s missing could be the security for the projection ‘ServiceEngApp’ granted to the IFS ALL permission. This will require to load the navigator for the end user and also to send the mobile transactions.   

Or this could be related to Context definitions. So need to check what context are assigned to this user. Check for Context mappings and see this user is part of a custom context and does that context have all the navigation entries required for the Service App. 

Badge +1

Actually what’s missing could be the security for the projection ‘ServiceEngApp’ granted to the IFS ALL permission. This will require to load the navigator for the end user and also to send the mobile transactions.   

Or this could be related to Context definitions. So need to check what context are assigned to this user. Check for Context mappings and see this user is part of a custom context and does that context have all the navigation entries required for the Service App. 

I have checked in the customer environment for the 'Configuration Context Mappings'. And I see this customer has them. Maybe this is the problem here.

Regards KUCHLK

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Yes we confirmed that the issue is with the Context mapping for the user. We will do further investigations. For now you need to un assign Context mapping from the user to see the tiles in the mobile app. 

Badge +1

Yes we confirmed that the issue is with the Context mapping for the user. We will do further investigations. For now you need to un assign Context mapping from the user to see the tiles in the mobile app. 

Thank you Kapila

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

This will be fixed in following tracks. The only workaround is to remove context mapping from the mobile user.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

This will be fixed in following tracks. The only workaround is to remove context mapping from the mobile user.

I am facing the same issue, my MWO app looks exactly the same as on the screenshot from Sanjana. I did have a context mapping for this user but I'm still having the same issue after deleting this and clearing the mappings cache. Is there anything else I need to do?

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

I am facing the same issue, my MWO app looks exactly the same as on the screenshot from Sanjana. I did have a context mapping for this user but I'm still having the same issue after deleting this and clearing the mappings cache. Is there anything else I need to do?

Hi @Roel van Zwieten clearing the mappings cache is not enough unfortunately. Try to disconnect completely and re-connect.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Yes, disconnect and reactivate the app to get the new context mapping connected with the user.