Solved

mWO mandatory field

• 24 August 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi,

Is there a way to make a field in mobile work order mandatory?

For example make “Work Type” as mandatory for user entering New Work.

It may be of course controlled by an event but when the event fires and the whole work in mWO will be done offline, the work order won’t  be created in application as the event will stop the process of creating task.

Best regards,

Hubert

icon

Best answer by Atheeq Maharoof 25 August 2021, 10:25

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @HubertZ ,
Navigate to the specific page through Aurena client. Select the page designer tab by clicking the username in the top right corner. Navigate to the Work Type field and enable the required field. 

Page Designer

If you want this change to be reflected for all the users, select the global context -> save the changes and publish. If you want to provide the change for specific user/users, then create a new context. The newly created context should be selected and publish it. In the above screenshot I have created a context called "ATMALK".

Hope this answer helps

Best Regards,
Atheeq

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @Atheeq Maharoof 

Thank you for the answer. I’ve made change as you described and published but on tablet that field is still not mandatory.

I’ve already signed off on tablet, signed on, did synchronization. Also I did a MobileApplication cache refresh.

On Aurena it works but not in mWO not.

Best regards,

Hubert

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @HubertZ 

Please navigate to following new work screen in the Aurena client.

New Work - Service Engineer
Page Designer

After initializing the device you can observe the required text in the Work​ Type

Service Engineer App

​​​​​​

Service Engineer App - required field error

Hope the above screenshots helps to resolve the issue.

Best Regards,
Atheeq​​​​​​​

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @Atheeq Maharoof 

On your last 2 screenshots it seems like you are using Aurena on your device.

I’m using IFS MWO Service 10 application from Google store on my Android device. 

Best regards,

Hubert

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @HubertZ 

The last 2 screenshots are the windows version of Service Engineer Application. For more clarity I have attached android Service Engineer application.

Android  Service Engineer Application
New Work Screen
Work Type required Error

Hope the above screenshots help you to setup the mandatory requirement.

Best Regards,
Atheeq​​​​​​​

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @Atheeq Maharoof 

Now it works :grinning:

It’s mandatory as I wanted.

Thank you once again for your help!

Best regards,

Hubert

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

There is a technical limitation in the framework on setting mandatory fields. For assistants and dialogs the mandatory validation for buttons are not considering the field mandatory attributes. The actual buttons are validated trough hardcoded expressions on the button itself. The expressions on these commands are not visible, enabled, supported by the Page Designer at the moment. This means that you can't use configuration layer to set mandatory flag on assistants and dialogs.

Ex: The existing fields in New Time Report window, Resource Group and Time Type can be set as mandatory via the page designer in Aurena client. But mandatory validation doesn’t work.