Question

MWO failing to sync back to IEE

• 30 January 2024
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi All,

We have an issue with mobile work order in Apps 9 not send workorders back to IEE.

All the transactions can be seen on the Sync monitor transactions screen in the waiting state, also the sync monitor status screen is showing an error “The page was not displayed because the request entity is too large”.

The issue isn’t affecting all user it seems to be fairly random.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mark

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Have a look in the device logs to see if you can see a reason why the transactions are not synchronizing

Cheers

James

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Have a look in the device logs to see if you can see a reason why the transactions are not synchronizing

Cheers

James

We have checked the log files in IEE and can’t see any issues. The mobile devices are receiving data fine but are failing to send data back.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

You need to look at the device logs rather than the server logs. Issue is in the MWO App rather than server

Cheers

James

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

You need to look at the device logs rather than the server logs. Issue is in the MWO App rather than server

Cheers

James

That makes sense. Where do I find the device logs? I can’t seem to find them. We are using apple Ipads and on MWO version 3.19

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Okay, I am not sure if device logs were added to the iOS version on Apps 9. Perhaps you can view the Touch Apps Server logs to see if there is an error shown there which may give you an idea of the problem.

Cheers

James

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Okay, I am not sure if device logs were added to the iOS version on Apps 9. Perhaps you can view the Touch Apps Server logs to see if there is an error shown there which may give you an idea of the problem.

Cheers

James

Thanks for your help, James.

We are also struggling to find any meaningful logs on the TAS, could you point us in the right direction?

Regards

Mark

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

From TAS Admin guide below

Cheers

James

6 SYSTEM LOG

Here you can view entries from the System Log. You can use criteria to the limit the result set. The functionality is shared between the Cloud and TAS so some criteria are valid for both and some only for one of them.

6.1 CATEGORY

• App Management Entries about uploading and publishing of app resources.

• Configuration Update Entries about changes of Admin Portal data.

• Failed Authentication Entries for users that couldn’t authenticate, can be wrong password, backend not reachable etc.

• Failed Authorization Entries for users that could authenticate but lack a needed privilege. E.g. Lacking privilege: "System Privilege: ADMINISTRATOR".

6.2 SOURCE

• Client Entries originating from clients.

• Customer Portal Entries originating from the Customer Portal

6.3 ACTIONS

• View Shows data in the page

• Export to Excel Exports the data directly.