Question

MWO Aurena Native App - Date Format

• 21 March 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +3

I am aware Browser language/locale controls how Aurena client displays Date Formats on the browser. However, how do we change the date format on Aurena Native Apps such as Service Engineer App?

Currently we have only installed MS Edge and language preferences are set on Edge setting to pick English (UK). This works fine on Aurena client (IFS Cloud 22.2). However, Service Engineer app running on the same laptop is showing the date  in US format.  Device Region format is set-to English (UK) as well.

How do we change the date formats for Aurena Native Apps? Window and other platforms? 

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi

On windows, in my case windows 10.,  you should go to settings and search for “Edit Language and keyboard options. 

On this page you have different settings, like windows display issue and App &Websites. The app and web sites is what is used for the windows app.

You also have  Regional Format, this can be the one causing that you do not get the date format as you want. I am myself using Windows display language as English (United States) and preferred languages as Sweidsh (Sweden).

On Regional Format I have Swedish (Sweden), so I get the time and date format in Swedish as well as the Swedish keyboard. 

On iOS you need to go to settings and then general. There you will have a setting section about date and time, keyboard language and region. In the language and region, you can move the region to the first spot to get the language you want. If you then scroll down to the bottom of the page you can see region, calendar, measures and date format, which you can change. Usually it is enough to juts change the language and you get it as default for that region. 

On Android, I do not really exactly know how to change, as I do not have such a phone, but it should be rather similar as for iOS. 

Badge +3

Apart from the Windows Display Language (based on explanation on windows, I do not think is relevant for scenario) everything is set to English (United Kingdom). However, windows app is showing dates in the English (United States) format as below

Badge +3

I will check whether Android/Apple can set the language/region on the device as you mentioned

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi again

How does it look in Regional Settings? Sorry for the Swedish in this one, but check how dates are set.  Is it so that you get ALL the dates in MWO in US style or is it on some few places?

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

I logged in and with my settings I do get the correct time format for Sweden in windows in the same window you are using. 

Badge +3

Thank you very much for trying to help me. I thought I added the regional settings earlier.

It is in the correct UK format as I am expecting it to be. No I have not see any other place in my laptop where the format is shown using  US format or non UK format

Badge +3

This has been reported as support ticket and waiting for their attention (3 weeks ago).Once the resolution is reached, I will update the thread