Question

mWO APP10 reference environment

• 21 June 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi,

Could someone tell me, if there is currently available an environment for mobile work orders bug verification and reporting? Previously it was 10rndmobtstlkp.ifsworld.com - seems like it’s down - after entering TAS I get an error opening logon page (lkpgse1603…….)

Customer has reported a problem during opening service report after finishing work in mWO (APP10). It happens for 3 users till now, but I was also able to recreate it on my iPad using customer PROD environment, After finishing your work there is a question to open service report. For my first work everything seemed to be OK. But during second and next works, even if I click Cancel system doesn’t allow to get further or close the dialogue.  The only way is to close the application (by killing it) and reopen again. The finish or back or X buttons are inactive,

On already finished work orders there is no problem with viewing service report. But now, even I click Cancel, the mWO application is stuck. After second time kill, the work goes to finished work and then I can view a report.

I’d like to verify if the same issue exists on some reference environment as the bug is quite strange and for me it seems like it had to happen recently - I suspect update to iPadOS 16.5

Or maybe someone can verify it using mWO on iPad with 16.05 OS version?

Best regards,

Hubert

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi

This is a defect that has been reported to us by another customer and we are currently correcting the issue. The reason is the iPAD os from 16.3.1 introduced something that prevents this from working in the MWO App. This does not affect iPhones, only iPAD’s. We are currently looking into another solution for this area and the only way to come around this quicker is to do a customization to surpress the dialog box. In such case contact IFS, so they can help you out with what needs to be done. That is though just a temporary solution as R&D want to correct this issue by refactoring the code and use another solution to show the dialogbox that gets stuck

Regards

Johan

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@JOOLSE 

Thank you for the answer. Could you estimate when it may be corrected? In next weeks or it may be months?

Regarding customization - can it be done by configuration or does it require customization in code?

Maybe consultants from IFS could add some more information to this topic?

Regards,

Hubert

Badge +1

@HubertZ We have a workaround changing the core code on this which can be done straight away, this workaround involves removing the confirmation dialog and setting the result value to default.

The R&D change is in early stages and we are currently doing investigations on multiple ways in which we can replace this dialog on iPad OS version 16.3.1 onwards. Please be aware that this might involve planning and design changes, we will try to have this ready as soon as possible, but we will update once we know a bit more and we are sure the solution covers all scenarios. 

Kind regards

Daniel 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@DanMeza Is it possible to get the changed code (download from IFS, get an email with information what and where to change, etc)?

As a partner, we can apply changes into customer environment. If the process will finish without hanging and the service report will open later for an already finished work, it would be fine. The most important thing for customer is to have service report generated, they save it and email to customer directly from iPad after finishing work to confirm, that the work has been done (and there are signatures both customer and user on the report).

Best regards,

Hubert

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @DanMeza and @JOOLSE 

Could you please send me information what and how to change the code to get: “We have a workaround changing the core code on this which can be done straight away, this workaround involves removing the confirmation dialog and setting the result value to default.”

I’d like to test it as more customer iPads have been updated, so the problem is widespreading. Of course, you can kill application 2 or 3 times to get to an end but for end users it’s not a valid solution…

Best regards,

Hubert

Badge +1

Hi @HubertZ,

As per company policies we are not allowed to post core code into the community forums, if you do require access to view how this have been done for other customers please raise a ticket and we will handle it there.

Kind regards

Dan