Solved

MWO - Add transport task

• 7 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hi Experts,

In MWO, move stock when i need to move stock from warehouse to my mobile warehouse VAN by a transport task, 

When click on add transport task and select the part it always comes the mobile warehouse location and i can not select the main warehouse pick up location, it is not even in LOV.

please help me understand what is missing here or else is this the expected behavior?

Thanks,

Heshala.

icon

Best answer by Alexander Heinze 7 March 2024, 08:22

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi,

I this case transport task should be added from backend for the tech to receive the stock into his van. Tech can only move stock from the user connected warehouses. 

Thanks

Sampath

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hi @skullk thanks for the response. 
user is connected to  main warehouse and depot mobile warehouse also. but in LOV only comes the mobile warehouses.

If so, how can the mobile user request parts from his main warehouse to mobile warehouse from mwo, this has not be through a work task. 

@Alexander Heinze if possible pls give an input on this

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

This is the current design. Tech can only move parts from the user connected remote warehouse (Van). If the van should be replenished, tech needs to contact the main warehouse and get it arranged. Otherwise I think it is possible to set up rules in the backend system (supply chain) to automatically create transport tasks to refill the van based on the current stock level.  

Thanks

Sampath

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Connecting the MWO user to the main warehouse is probably not a good idea anyway, as the goal of the connected warehouses is to have the inventory available offline. And even if it would work, your data in MWO is always somewhat dated.

A possible workaround would be to use a Mobile Integration link that opens the Transactions page in the web client and register it from there. This also makes sure the user sees up-to-date information.

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

@skullk and @Alexander Heinze thanks both of you for the responses. Really appreciate😊