Solved

Multiple contexts added to Application Configuration Package

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I have a need to modify my mWO pages (via Apps for Page Designer) using several ‘Contexts’ which seems all well and good until I try to add these Page Configurations to an Application Configuration Package. My hope was that I could select only the Page Configurations that are associated with a particular ‘Context’, but it would seem that any Page Configuration that is of the same Projection is added to the ACP as well. I only selected one Page Configuration when choosing “Add to package” and IFS selected the second Page Configuration (associated with a different ‘Context’) and added it to the ACP as well. Is this the default behavior for ACPs that include Page Configurations? Is my assessment correct that it relates to the fact that these Page Configurations come from the same Projection or is there some other link between the Page Configurations? I really want to manage the Page Configurations by each ‘Context’, and not by ‘Projection’. Does anyone have any insight into the matter?

BTW - Apps 10 on UPD16 currently    

icon

Best answer by Navinth Bakmeedeniya 2 May 2023, 18:12

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

As far as I know, when adding a page configuration belong to a certain context to an ACP, all page configurations related to same model (page) which is set under different contexts would be included into that ACP. @tofuse Please confirm.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Yes Navinth is correct. With the current design you connect a client model to the ACP. All configured artifacts for that model, regardless of context tag, will be included in the export. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Thank you both for the confirmation. I had hoped to manage each context individually, but a small adjustment to my process should make this less problematic.