Question

MRO multi-level repair order vs DOP

• 11 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hello IFS Community !

I have a question re. multi-level repair orders… our finished products + at least one structure level on subassemblies have parameter Supply Type = ‘DOP’ in Inventory Part > Planning Data tab. Therefore, in a shop order for a finished product, in Materials tab, the component lines for these subassemblies have parameter Supply Type = ‘DOP Order’

Now, when I have a multi-level Repair shop order stemming from a CRO order for that finished product, and I set one of these subassemblies to Repair action = ‘Replace’ status, IFS creates the corresponding component line in the Materials tab… however, the component line is created with parameter Supply Type = ‘Invent Order’, which is in contradiction with the ‘DOP’ Supply Type for that subassembly part and causes me all sorts of headaches as to how to launch production for that part !

Any clue / idea how to solve (or circumvent) this issue ??

Thanks in advance for the help !

Julien

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Since the multilevel repair shop order is not connected to a DOP order (and it cannot be), the material line cannot be DOP supplied either. I don’t really see any other way than manually creating the shop order to supply the material line, and if required manually peg it to the material line.

Badge +1

Since the multilevel repair shop order is not connected to a DOP order (and it cannot be), the material line cannot be DOP supplied either. I don’t really see any other way than manually creating the shop order to supply the material line, and if required manually peg it to the material line.

Thank you for your reply, Björn ! I was able to do both (manually pegging the shop order to the repair order leads to a workflow that is similar to the DOP process, which is nice for us !)

I was hoping (still am, to a degree) to avoid manually creating shop orders, but at least I now know how to make it work that way if all else fails !