Question

Measurements in mWO

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi,

This is a question and also suggestion. You can add measurements in mobile work order application on your tablet. But when you forget to enter measurements and you complete your work, it’s too late to enter them back.

So it would be nice to have possibility to make measurements mandatory for example for certain objects. Or at least have a reminder before completing work to enter measurements.

Or maybe it is possible to create using events? But in case of “offline mode” sometimes, when an event will block something during synchronization it may lead to problem with work.

Best regards,
Hubert

This topic has been closed for comments

16 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi,

You can create workflow configuration. And there you can make Measurements as mandatory. Then mobile user will not allow to complete work without giving measurements. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Dakshinie,

How to make measurements mandatory? The checkbox “Mandatory” cannot be checked.
A screen below is from RnD Mobile Support TEST LKP environment. I’m trying to make measurements mandatory for object BOILER.

I’ve registered a new work that I perform on tablet and was able to complete without any question about mandatory measurements.

Best regards,
Hubert

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

can I know which mobile appyou are using? Is it MWO Service, MWO Maintenance or is it Mobile Work Order app?

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

IFS MWO Service 10 (version 10.12.1353.0)

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

The issue was also reported to IFS in case G2263032.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

If you are using MWO Service app, then workflow configuration should be create from Aurena client. It's not working if you create configuration from IEE client.

Please follow below steps.

Log into Aurena client (https://10mobtstlkp-rnd.ifsworld.com/main/ifsapplications/web)

Go to Technician Portal > Workflow configuration > Workflow configuration

Create configuration with configuration type "Work Task"

Add filter as you prefer

Go to Actions tab

Mark Measurements as mandatory

Go to site tab and add your site

Acitive the configuration

Initialize the mobile device and check with relevant work task in mobile

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

OK, I’m trying and get an error during save.

Can you verify it? I’m trying to add workflow in site M-CMB for BOILER object.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Hubert,

Seems that there are some errors in the package body for that entity. Should be an environment specific issue. Could you try @Dakshinie Wickramasinghe ‘s steps in a different environment and see if that works?

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Ibrahim,

I have currently no different environment available. Only REF and customer environment but customer is not using Aurena. Could you try to fix error in packages on REF?

Best regards,

Hubert

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi Hubert,

Can you please try whether you have access to below environment?

https://app10lkpreg-test.ifsworld.com/

If so yo can try it here.

Userlevel 7

It’s currently not possible to make measurements mandatory. However, it’s a common request and I’m sure RnD are aware - @skullk 

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

@anmise Thanks.

@HubertZ Sorry about the mistake. Currently we can make mandatory  only below actions.

• Attachments
  • Customer Signature
  • eForms
  • Engineer signature
  • Expenses
  • Materials
  • New Work Assignments
  • Allow travel
  • Purchase request
  • Report in Task wizard
  • Returns
  • Time
  • Tool and facilities
  • Waiting at location
Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi,

I can login to  https://app10lkpreg-test.ifsworld.com/

But seems like mentioned above “ It’s currently not possible to make measurements mandatory. However, it’s a common request and I’m sure RnD are aware - @skullk  “

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

@Dakshinie Wickramasinghe@anmise 

Thank you, so I’m waiting for RnD to add such functionality in future.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi

Yes, currently measurements cannot be made mandatory in workflow configuration. And I see a challenge of doing that. With the mandatory option, what we are checking is, if something has been done on the work task by the assigned user before completing the assignment. For example, user has reported time on the task before completing the assignment. 
Object measurement doesn’t have a direct link to the task. So we cannot verify if the user has reported a measurement as a part of executing the particular work task. 

We could perhaps give an alert at the end (when completing the assignment) to report measurement regardless he has already done it or not. 

Thanks

Sampath

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

@skullk  - yes, I agree that we cannot strictly connect object to a work task and force to report measurements.
But even an alert or reminder would be a nice feature :)