Skip to main content
Solved

Invoice Preview - Work Order Structure

Hi,

Why am I unable to create an invoice preview for a work order structure even though there are sales lines that haven’t been invoiced in both work orders. It lets me create it per work order but not for the whole structure.

Thanks,

George.

10 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi,

Why am I unable to create an invoice preview for a work order structure even though there are sales lines that haven’t been invoiced in both work orders. It lets me create it per work order but not for the whole structure.

Thanks,

George.

quick input. Dou you have any of the tasks in the structure not in state reported ?.

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Both work tasks are in a reported status.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @GeorgeArmstrong ,

Can you please let us know the version you are testing in ?

I tried in IFS Cloud 23R2 SU8 version and it worked fine.

Best Regards,

Thilini

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Hi,

I am in 23R2 SU6 version.

Thanks,

George.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @GeorgeArmstrong 

May be due to a missing fix or the criteria for creating the invoice preview is not met.

Is the work order connected to a service quotation?

Anyway, if possible, send us a case and we will investigate on it.

Best Regards,

Thilini

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Hi @Thilini Kumarasinghe ,

I have tried this in a later version and got the same result. Therefore, I must be missing something. Are you able to write down the steps which you followed to achieve?

Thanks,

George.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @GeorgeArmstrong ,

Sure, please find the steps below.

1. Created 3 work orders. 1st work order is the parent and has no tasks. 2nd and 3rd work orders are the children and have 1 task each. All work orders and tasks are connected to an external customer.
  2. Connect the work orders in a structure.
  3. Release the parent work order so that all child work orders are released. Release the tasks as well.
  4. Create some transactions - for example, report time for the tasks in the child work orders.
  5. Make sure that in the sales line that was created, a sales part exists with a price and also the state = invoiceable.
  6. Then change the status of all tasks to reported. (This is not mandatory, but as per the screen print, you have tested it this way, so I have done the same to create similar test data).
  7. Go to conclude work order screen and select the parent work order.
  8. Now try to create a new invoice preview. Data is entered similar to the screen print in the question. The invoice preview was created with the 2 time reporting lines from the 2 tasks.

Kindly check if there is any difference in the test flow followed.

Best Regards,

Thilini

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

This worked, thank you.

This seems to have an impact if the parent has work task transactions against it?

In my scenario we have an original work order which has a quotation that is accepted. The tech gets out there and isn’t able to fully complete the job. Therefore we create a second work orders with the additional requirements so a second quotation can be created. This is then placed in the original WO structure. When this is complete we then want to bill both of the work orders.

Is there another way to deal with this?

Thanks,

George.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @GeorgeArmstrong 

You are most welcome.

I tried the mentioned test flows and please find my investigation results below.

This is how the standard functionality works.

Test flow 1: Top work order is connected to a service quotation.

If the top work order is connected to a service quotation, then invoice preview can be created only on work order level, but nor for the structure. You cannot select work order structure in the invoice preview.

Test flow 2: Parent work order with work task and transactions.

1. Created 3 work orders. 1st work order is the parent and has a task created. 2nd and 3rd work orders are the children and have 1 task each. All work orders and tasks are connected to an external customer.
  2. Connect the work orders in a structure.
  3. Release the parent work order so that all child work orders are released. Release the tasks as well.
  4. Create some transactions - for example, report time for the tasks in the all parent and child work orders.
  5. Make sure that in the sales line that was created, a sales part exists with a price and also the state = invoiceable.
  6. Then change the status of all tasks to reported. (This is not mandatory, but as per the screen print, you have tested it this way, so I have done the same to create similar test data).
  7. Go to conclude work order screen and select the parent work order.
  8. Now try to create a new invoice preview. Data is entered similar to the screen print in the question. The invoice preview was created with the 3 time reporting lines from the 3 tasks. That means the full structure is invoiced.

Test flow 3: Parent work order with work task and transactions and connected to service quotation

1. Create a work order and a work task connected to an external customer.
  2. Create a service quotation from the work order and accept it.
  3. Then create another work order connected to the same customer and create a work task.
  4. Create a service quotation from the work order and accept it.
  5. Now connect the 2 work orders in a structure.
  6. Report some transactions and change the work task status to reported.
  7. Now try to create an invoice preview from the parent work order - Note that “work order structure” option is disabled since the parent work order is connected to a service quotation. If you now create the invoice preview, it will only include the transactions from that particular work order only and not from the structure.

Test flow 4: Parent work order with work task and transactions. Parent work order is not connected to a service quotation, but the child work orders are connected to service quotations.

1. Create a work order and a work task connected to an external customer. This is the parent work order and not connected to a service quotation.
  2. Create another work order and a work task connected to same customer.
  3. Create a service quotation from the work order and accept it.
  4. Then create another work order connected to the same customer and create a work task.
  5. Create a service quotation from the work order and accept it.
  6. Now connect the 3 work orders in a structure. Parent is not connected to a service quotation.
  7. Report some transactions for all work orders and change the work task status to reported.
  8. Now try to create an invoice preview from the parent work order - Note that “work order structure” option is enabled since the parent work order is not connected to a service quotation. But if you now create the invoice preview, for structure, it will only include the transactions from that particular parent work order only and not from the structure because other work orders are connected to service quotations. So here you will have to create invoice previews separately for the work orders with service quotations connected.

This is how the standard functionality works and I think you first example is quite similar to Test flow 4. Here invoice preview will not be created for the whole work order structure, if there are child work orders that are connected to service quotations.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Thilini

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Thank you for your help.