Solved

IFS Trip Tracker for Android

• 3 August 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge +3

Hello all.

One of our sales people has recently swapped from an iPhone to an Android device and is having trouble with the Android version of the Trip Tracker app.

It’s all good until they try to End and Send and Expense Only Trip to the Cloud - then Error:

ORA:20110: Employee Position is not valid during travel end date.

Exactly the same Expense Only Trip can be sent from an iPhone with no problems (I’ve tested a mirror copy of the erroring Trip with my dev iPhone) so the issue definitely resides within the Android app. The error is all the more puzzling as there is no facility for actually specifying an End Date for an Expense Only Trip within the Android app - which is is bit rubbish really. So if the Trip has no End Date, it’s no wonder the Employee Position isn’t valid.. ?

Has anyone ever got Trip Tracker to work with Android using Expense Only Trips ?

icon

Best answer by Sahan Wijerama 16 August 2022, 03:17

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi,

Are you referring to  Apps 10 Trip tracker? 

Can you share the Android version  as well, so I can try recreate this issue and see.

Best regards,
Sahan

Badge +3

Hello Sahan,

Thanks for your reply - it is Trip Tracker 9 Version 1.3.27.

Android Version 12

Hope this helps.

As a workaround, I’ve told the users to use Domestic Trip instead of Expense only (like their iphone colleagues) and this seems to work ok so far 🤞🏻

Regards,

Liam

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi Liam,

Thanks for the info and we tried to recreate this issue but couldn’t. Will you be able to send a support case regarding this? Preferably with a recording  if possible.🙂

Thanks,

Sahan

Badge +3

Thanks for your efforts Sahan,

I’ll raise a case.

Best Regards,

Liam

Badge +3

Hi All,

Was there any solution for this?

I have the same error. When trying to upload expenses only but with an Iphone.

It works with Trip Type Domestic. But if I do domestic with an Expense I get a different error. ORA-20124: Assignment of an invalid value or value type has occurred in Expense Detail. Entering the same parameters manually in IFS works all fine. 

Thanks

Best Regards

Basil

Parameters:

• Iphone (IOS 17.0.3)
  • IFS Trip Tracker 10 Version 1.0.10
  • IFS 10 Update 15
Badge +3

Hello Basil, I didn’t raise a case in the end - just used the workaround. Then Trip Tracker stopped working for IFS9 completely and instead of going through the ridiculous rigmarole of installing the on premise ‘solution’ we developed our own (better) mobile app.

I should have updated this thread with this information - sorry.

Regards,

Liam

Badge +3

Hello Liam,

Thanks for the quick reply. The problem is that we cannot use the workarround as we get another error. (That doesn’t make any sense to me either.) I’ll check with our consultants and maybe open a case. 

Regards,

Basil