Question

IFS TAS installation prerequisite

• 11 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

We’re trying to configure TAS server for Apps 10 using IFS Technical Documentation and stuck on this step:

We started going through the prerequisites and got to this step to load the software. It shows there is nothing to install.  According to Microsoft, they’ve made this software end of life and there was an online “feed” of products the software would pull from Microsoft but that service has been shutdown.

How can we get access to the prerequisite Web Deploy software now? 

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

You can download and install web deploy 3.6 directly from https://www.iis.net/downloads/microsoft/web-deploy

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I know this is somewhat old, but I am having difficulty with this as well trying to stand up and new Touch Apps server. I have downloaded the web deploy msi, installed it successfully (no errors and I see it listed in the “Programs and Features” applet on my server), however, it does not show up under “Management” section of the IIS site for IFS TouchApps Server . . . 

as it does in my other Touch Apps server? The “Customer Portal” seems to work, but mWO reports a 404 error when trying to connect.

Thanks,

Bob