Question

IFS 10 Service & Maintenance IEE

• 23 July 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

We are moving from IFS9 to IFS10 IEE client. I just got the package delivered this week of 10 and I am working to understand all of the changes and upgrades that were done to figure out how to best utilize the updates. So far I have noticed locations, work tasks, basic data changes, & date configuration changes. I am wondering if there is a good resource to view training videos or to get help understanding the updates and how IFS views the customers to use them efficiently. So far it feels like Tasks are just another layer that may slow us down in the office until I figure out how to properly utilize them as we don’t have a lot of our own technicians in the field and work with many outside contractors to do our service work & ship parts to directly to customers or 3rd party technicians etc. We will be looking into the mobile application for the few field technicians and engineers we do have and possibly B2B for customers and contractors in the future as well, but I need to get the office working efficiently first.

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @courtney.engel ,

For the fully understanding of the functionality, I would recommend you to request a training from IFS academy if there is an available training for this.

But please refer following information to get you started on the new concept, may be this helps you to get started. So far I could not find any documents for this but you could try using F1 help documents in IEE to understand each screen.

===========================================================================================

Concept of work task can be described as following:

We can say work task is something that replaces operation but with extended functionality. we have  work assignments (replacing allocations) which is the main part for executing a work task and is the primary driver in the new Mobile Work Order solution.

Additionally we have introduced work task steps describing the details steps that are required to perform the work task.

Existing Work Order status Assigned, Accepted and On Route is removed and is now part of status chain on work assignment. On Hold status (currently on an operation) is not a status but a general attribute of the work task.

We have introduced "Resource Management" concept to create resource demands and matching these demands with available resources and as a result creating work assignments.

Some of the replacements:

• Replacement of Route functionality with the concept of work tasks and work task steps.
  • Standard Job replaced with Task Template
  • Operation has become Work List Line
  • Multiple resource demands possible per Work List Line

In simple terms, "Work Task" is a planned period of work for one or more persons (who may require specific competencies/licences), for a known continuous period of time, optionally at a location. Work tasks are linked to a single work order. Work tasks may be linked to other tasks that must be done before or after. Resource demands stated on the work task are to be performed at the same time.

And "Work Assignment" is something that Holds the allocation of resources (person and/or tool) for a work task including the allocated start and finish. Each work task has none, one or more work assignments. The work assignment has its own status that reflects the progress of the assignment. The intention is to move forward in the status on a work assignment.

===============================================================================

Hope this helps

/Subash Perera

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Apps 9 to Apps 10 Service and Maintenance functionality has changed quite a lot. A lot of gotchas. I would recommend thoroughly understand the changes and test extensively for new data as well as updated data, as we recently upgraded from Apps 9 to 10 for one of our customers and we had to do a mini-re implementation of the service and maintenance modules. Crafts are not used any more, it is all to do with Resource Groups and Resources. The job is executed on the Work Task level not on Work Order any more. In Apps 9 a single work order was connected to a single Object, where as in Apps 10 you can have a single object on the Work Order, but the work tasks can be connected to different objects. The customer invoicing from a work order has changed quite a bit. Work Order Postings have changed a lot and need to be very mindful about Work Task Transaction postings, where incorrectly setting it up can cause almost non-reversible issues and may require data correction to fix financial postings, especially if you have Asset pre-posting coming in from Fixed Assets. I may sound like a doomsday prophet, but I wouldn’t want a unhappy customer / end users 🙂.

Like @Subash Perera has recommended I would get some level of information from IFS Academy, but definitely some input from someone who has done this before will take you a long way.

If I was a customer I would definitely get assistance from a consulting team.