Solved

IFS 10 - How to get the attached document on BO line visible on CO line?

• 24 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi

IFS10 - I have attached some documents on a BO line ( Business Opportunity Line) afterwards I have WON the BO and placed the BO to order. What do I need to setup in order to be able to see the attachment on the CO line ? ( Customer Order Line)

Br,

Marianne

icon

Best answer by Janitha Jinarajadasa 24 June 2021, 11:07

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @MarianneLykkeMadsen ,

This should be possible in the ‘Object Connection Transformation’ window.

When specifying an object connection transformation, you need to specify how the keys should be transformed from one business object to another. For example, you are accessing a customer order (target) and want to see documents connected to the business opportunity(source). Then you need to specify the attributes on the customer order which should be used to format the business opportunity.

The Edit Transformation dialog box is used to define the transformation method. The requirement is to map the source key with the target key.

For some scenarios it is not possible to map the target and source columns due to the fact that the source columns are not included in the target database view. You then have two options which both require some programming work. You can either extend the target view with the necessary columns or create a stored function that makes the actual key transformation. The name of the function should in this case be registered as the transformation method. Note that it should also hold the package name, e.g. My_Package_API.My_Transformation. It needs to be defined as a function that returns a string value. It also requires two values in parameters (strings); the Target Key Reference and the Service Name (in that specific order).

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Janitha,

Thanks a lot for helping out.I will try that, thanks !

Br,

Marianne

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

If you cannot use an object connection transformation (perhaps you have to write a custom function and don't want to do that), a custom event could copy the attachments from the CO to the BO at some point that you decide.