Question

How to request "Register the Mobile App" from "mobile app development team" - NotifyMe

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi,

The documentation on NotifyMe App, describes a step to “Register the Mobile App”.

Is there a document explaining the process? [IFS Cloud - 23R1 UPD 6]

My Status:

I have created the Azure Notification Hub. And the notifications are received to the Notification Hub.

Which means the Notifications are sent from IFS Cloud successfully to the notification hub. i.e. Application parameters in IFS Cloud are correctly defined. 

The Notification Hub metrics shows that the requests have failed. Understandably this is due to not setting up the Google and Apple settings which requires keys from the development team.

Thank you,

Sanjaya

13 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi

Have you followed the steps from this page: https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/23r1/070_remote_deploy/400_installation_options/030_aurena_native_apps/#setting_up_push_notification_hub

I saw that you refrerred to the trouble shooting guide.  Have you set up an own Azuer hub or used the default one?

Regards

Johan

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Johan,

Thank you.

FYI. This is a remote deployment.

I tried both ones. Since I could not get to working with the default one, I’ve created a new Azure hub.
I get the requests to the hub but they fails. 

I believe this is due to settings up none of below.

Sanjaya.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5
Failed Requests from Azure Notification Hub

None of these settings were setup.

@JOOLSE 

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @JOOLSE ,
we are using IFS Cloud 23R2 in remote deployment. We are testing NotifyMe 2, the app itself works fine, but I would like to make the notifications working too. I have created Notification Hub in Azure, but not sure what the  Notification Hub URL and Notification Hub Path should be populated with from Azure to make this working. Also IFS doc is silent in this. Will the notification hub be actually working with the remote deployment?
Thanks for a hint.
Jan

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Jan

It should work with remote deployment as well. We are sending the messages fromm backend through the azure notification hub to the device. You should get a message on your device when you have a new notification. 

We had a report the other week around something that could be the cause for your experience. I have added it in the 24R1 documentation. I am not sure, but this could be the reason.

-----

Production environments restrict all outgoing calls except for IFS approved url's. For push notifications to work, backend should be able to communicate with Azure service bus. Depending on the app you are running there can be several servicebus.

• Namespace.servicebus.windows.net

• Example: mWorkOrder.servicebus.windows.net for Mobile Work Order

----

Regards

Johan

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @JOOLSE ,

I am interested in below information.
Quoting 24R1 documentation.

• Does the Notification Hub exist and is it configured correctly? The Notification Hub requires configuration for each required client platform (Google, Apple, Windows). The Azure Notification Hub configuration pages can send test Push notifications to check this.

What is the process to get hold of these configuration parameters? Whom to contact?

Sanjaya

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

I have been with a support call with IFS RnD. These configuration values are internal to the App developers and they are not shared. (I am not sure there is a way to obtain them. I think generally it should not be possible.). 

So I think it is not possible to use custom Azure Notification hubs at all. (General case)

Therefore this information should be removed from the IFS Documentation as I see, There should not be any mentioning about custom Azure Notification Hubs at all (or mention the specific cases they might be needed).

The notifications for all the IFS customers are handled by the same notification hub.
There is no need to change any of the parameters. Anyway it seems like the parameters which gets added during the installation of IFS Cloud is incorrect. I am yet to receive the correct parameters for NotifyMe.

@Rukmal Fernando. I am tagging you.
Could you please validate what I have written here is correct? Also will it be possible to provide the correct parameters?

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @Sanjaya,
yep, the configuration coming with the installation is wrong for NotifyMe, I have received correct values from IFS Support (sharing below) however it does not work anyway,. I’m following with them on this.
Is there anybody having this working with remote deployment?

NOTIFICATION_HUB_PATH - aurenanotifyme
NOTIFICATION_HUB_URL -

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

An update.

The parameters set during the installation is correct.

I think some configurations were done to the central hub.
Now the Windows and iOS notifications are working.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi

Really good news then

Regards

Johan

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

@JOOLSE , Yes. waiting for Android to work. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi

So windows and iOS is working and only Android left. Are you using any loadbalancer or any other thing which also require a certificate? In android the certifcate chain need to be the same on all places, which iOS and Windows does not require. 

If I understood it correctly is though that you on the android device get the record, but not the notification about the record and usually when it is certification mismatch, then you will not receive the record either. But just asking the question, so we can rule that off completely.  

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @JOOLSE/ @Sanjaya,

I have just tested push notifications with original setting on apple device and it’s still not working for us. It seems even the flag for push notifications is not enabled with original notification hub setting.