Question

How to remove the tiles in MWO properly

• 15 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi all 😊,

Your support in this regard is highly appreciated.

I would appreciate guidance on how to remove tiles such as Pool Work, New Service Request, and Objects from the APP in a more standard way than the below procedure.

The customer claims the following steps.

Environment: IFS CLOUD 23.1.8

1. Open the Solution Manager Tab, then the Mobile Apps tab, the Apps for Page Designer tab and then the Service Engineer tab
  2. From the Service Engineer tab, Removed the tiles that we do not need in the MWO such as the Pool Work, New Service Request, Measurements and Objects.
  3. Then disconnected from the MWO and logged in again and saw that some tiles that didn’t remove were removed and the ones that did remove were still there.

The above procedure has unfortunately not been successful in the environment.

If you are aware of any proper workaround for removing the tiles, please kindly share your procedure.

Thank you 😊

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi

Can you please try below steps?

You can remove the needed security grants from the mobile user connected permission set.

For example: To remove Purchase handling tile, you can follow below steps.

Test Flow:

1. Navigate to the “Security Grants By Permission Set”
2. Select the user granted permission set and Revoke Purchasing.
3. Clear 'Clear Security Cache' in mobile application.
4. Re- initialize the mobile app.
5. Observe that “Purchase Handling” tile is removed.

Please check below post as well.

Hide Tiles from Dashboard/Home Screen in MWO Service | IFS Community

Best Regards,

Thilini

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

When you say “removed the tiles”, you mean removing them from the Navigator? That is correct, I would however not delete them, but rather set the Hidden flag:

I tried this for the 3 pages you mentioned, disconnected MWO, reconnected and the entries disappeared from the navigation and from the homepage. Tested on 23.2.1. Have you checked if there is any configuration context applied to your MWO user?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Point to note - if you have changed your users configuration context then you need to deactivate MWO and login again from the beginning. Context is only fetched on first initialization.

Cheers

James

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

@Thilini Kumarasinghe Thank you for your kind response 😊 and for suggesting another method for removing the tiles.

@Alexander Heinze Thank you for the kind response 😊 I’ll check on this