Solved

How do you cancel a Customer order generated by a Work Order in IFS 10

• 10 August 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

We used the metering invoicing functionality to generate invoices for customers.  The process creates a Work Order, a Work Task and then generates a customer order which we could invoice off of.  Unfortunately, I need to cancel some of the customer orders but cannot because they were generated from a work order.  Does anyone know the process for cancelling out the work order?

icon

Best answer by anmise 11 August 2020, 07:28

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

hi

What is the status of the customer orders at this point?

Userlevel 7

We used the metering invoicing functionality to generate invoices for customers.  The process creates a Work Order, a Work Task and then generates a customer order which we could invoice off of.  Unfortunately, I need to cancel some of the customer orders but cannot because they were generated from a work order.  Does anyone know the process for cancelling out the work order?

If it was generated through the invoice preview and you haven’t progressed it, you should be able to ‘Revoke Approval’ on the invoice preview, which should cancel the customer order.

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

The customer order is still in a Released status, we did not process them through all the way.  I want to be able to cancel out the customer order but I cannot because it was generated from a Work Order.  I need to be able to cancel the work order first.

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Actually, I understand what you were saying about “Revoke Approval” on the Invoice Preview screen in the Work Management, Closure area.  This works perfectly.  Thanks for the help!

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Now the question is, is it possible to remove the Metering Invoice History so that I can generate a new invoice for the item?

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

I also figured out how to generate a new invoice.