Question

How Adjust Above Tolerance Check Box Affects Next Due Date Calculation

• 3 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hello All,

In MRO and Fleet Operations\Fleet and Asset Management\Maintenance Program\Maintenance Plan, there is the checkbox Adjust Above Upper Tolerance which help states the selection adjusts when the maintenance is performed above the due date + the tolerance, but there is no explanation on how the calculation is done is this case.

For the calendar options, Cal. Int. - Adjust if done Early (Late) checkboxes, I was able to find in the page help that IFS adds or subtracts the days anticipated or exceeded, respectively, on the next due date. Is the calculation the same for the Adjust Above Upper Tolerance? Does that subtracts the quantity of the operational parameter exceeded in the last performed maintenance?

Thanks for the support! 

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi,

If the Adjust Above Upper Tolerance option is selected, and the operational parameter interval was exceeded in the last performed maintenance, the quantity of the oper param exceeded in the last performed maintenance will be added to the next occurrence of the maintenance code.

A few examples:

Let’s say you have a recurring interval of 10000 km, your lower and upper tolerances are defined as 5% (+/- 500 km), and the Adjust Above Upper Tolerance option is selected.

If your 1st occurrence is executed 10800 km, this is above the tolerance band, and the next occurrence will be calculated due at 20800 km.

If your 1st occurrence is instead executed 10400 km, this is within the tolerance band, and the next occurrence will be calculated due at 20000 km.

If the Adjust Above Upper Tolerance option is not selected, and your 1st occurrence is executed 10800 km, the next occurrence will be calculated due at 20000 km.

Hope this clarifies!

Note: help page “Interval Based Maintenance Programs” is a useful reference when setting up maintenance plans.

Best regards

Jan

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi, Jan,

I still could not run an example to check that in IFS. Meanwhile, I am trying to anchor myself on the guidelines the more experienced provide.

This logic seems to be opposite to the one of  Cal. Int. - Adjust if done Late, in which the adjust subtracts the days done late in the Next Due Calculation and the final result is that the Due Date lies in the day it would if the Mx Event has been done within tolerance.

Regards,