Question

enable Media Link to Survey answers to attach multiple pictures to the same question

• 22 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +5

A customer who is in 22R2 has a requirement to attach several media items in to a survey answer.

Is this possible to make it available on survey answers media attachments so that multiple images can be attach to a single answer.

Is this possible by enabling object connection on surveyAnswer LU and with a customization enabling 

media items on ServiceEngApp-cust.app 

@Override
medialibrary {
   entity SurveyAnswer {
      prefetch = true;
   }}

I suspect there’s more to be done in ServiceEngApp-cust.client file as well as above only did not work as we wanted. I tried adding as a image viewer and added to the card EmployeeSurveysCard. but that didn’t work either. 

imageviewer CardSurveyAnswerImageViewer for SurveyAnswer {
   media {
      enabled = [true];
   }
}

Should we add this as a command as well?

Is it possible for someone who has MWO experience to guide me on this customization? Are there any additional steps to be done here or this is not supported in mobile for 22R2?

Thank you!

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

If you want to capture media items during an eForm you must use the Picture question type.

If you want to capture multiple media items then I suggest creating a Child Survey that can be looped with a question of a Picture plus a continue question. You can then call out from the main Survey to the Child Survey to loop through taking multiple pictures.

Cheers

James

Badge +5

Hi @James Ashmore Thank you for the answer. Yes we considered the possibility of the above solution too.But they have many number of questions to allow this feature and they need to attach multiple pictures at once. They already have a complex survey with 200+ questions and attaching another loop survey to many of those questions will again make the number higher and hard to find (not impossible) exact connections (Survey A , loop survey Survey B) and different answer sets  when it need to generate into a report. That’s the reason we wanted to make it inbuilt as a customization if that’s possible.

Do you aware that above approach i mentioned in the previous post will be possible?  I will need some guidance to make it working only if that approach is allowed by the framework.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

The eForm capturing process is a dynamic assistant that shows a single page per question. I don’t believe your suggestion above will allow for multiple pictures to be attached without FW changes.

Please add this as an Idea in the community for us to consider this in a future release.

Cheers

James

Badge +5

Hi @James Ashmore 

Thank you for the answer and this already raise this as an idea 

https://community.ifs.com/ideas/maintenance-survey-mwo-eform-functionality-to-add-pictures-to-support-any-survey-answer-34574

Thank you for letting me know that this cannot be implemented as a customization at this point without a framework change.