Solved

Dynamic folder path for local check-out documents

• 8 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Quick customer question… is there any way we can make the path to a folder dynamic in IFS?

Ultimately we want to use an user’s folder instead of C:\temp for the below as this is a security concern. (I.e. C:\Users\$USERNAME$\AppData\IFS\Temp)

icon

Best answer by Mathias Dahl 8 March 2021, 11:42

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

We cannot do exactly what they suggest or ask for (use environment variablers), but if you leave the field empty we will default to use the user’s “Documents” folder, and create a folder named Docman there, as I remember it.

Try and see how it works.

We cannot do exactly what they suggest or ask for (use environment variablers), but if you leave the field empty we will default to use the user’s “Documents” folder, and create a folder named Docman there, as I remember it.

Try and see how it works.

Thanks @Mathias Dahl. The empty field resulted in “Documents/IFS/temp” which I will suggest to the customer.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Tharindu,

I am guessing the requirement is to define local check-out path for all users of the system. In the past we have achieved by pushing a record to the registry using a Group Policy to set the value to let’s say C:\users\<USERNAME>\IFS\Temp.

The IT team of the customer may be able to get this sorted.

Cheers!

Malik

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

I am guessing the requirement is to define local check-out path for all users of the system. In the past we have achieved by pushing a record to the registry using a Group Policy to set the value to let’s say C:\users\<USERNAME>\IFS\Temp.

The IT team of the customer may be able to get this sorted.

Thanks, good comment!

Before we added the fallback/default value mentioned above, your suggestion is what we recommended customers to do then, if they did not want end-users to select their own path.

FYI, the value is stored in the Windows registry, here:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\IFS\Document Management\Settings\DocumentFolder

Hope this helps.