Solved

Does obsolete Modification revisions not included in DSO?

• 24 October 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hello,

I have a situation in MRO,  some Modifications found not included to tab "Modifications" in relevant Disposition Shop order. When I check I see those MOD REVs exist in Work Scope Task has been Obsolete but new revision has been created.

Question is, if the “define work scope” consists an Obsolete modification revision will it not included to Disposition Shop order?

Appreciate your assistance here. 

Thanks,

Kasun

icon

Best answer by Iroshan 31 October 2019, 07:46

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi Kasun,

The ideal way should be when a modification is in Obsolete state, it should not be allowed to include to any work scope. Rather the new revision should be visible in Change Work scope Tasks → Modification → All Not Complied Tab.

An item made obsolete means it has ended the life, thus shouldn’t be considered for including to another work scope.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards

Iroshan

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi Kasun,

The ideal way should be when a modification is in Obsolete state, it should not be allowed to include to any work scope. Rather the new revision should be visible in Change Work scope Tasks → Modification → All Not Complied Tab.

An item made obsolete means it has ended the life, thus shouldn’t be considered for including to another work scope.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards

Iroshan

Many Thanks Iroshan, It seems those new revisions of modifications has been created later but older ones still remain in work scope. Can we include new revisions here back to the work scope removing obsolete one, then how? Thanks again.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

If the modification is already include to work scope, please do the following to remove.

1. Go to Change Work scope Tasks → Modification and select All Running radio button.
  2. select the modification code and un-tick the  “include in Workscope?” check box.
  3. save the changes.

you might get errors, and will have to deal with them as per the situation.

To include new revision,  select the modification from Change Work scope Tasks → Modification → All Not Complied Tab.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Great. Many Thanks and this helps lot.