Solved

Document Attachments and Object Transformation in Aurena

• 19 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi All,

I need some assistance from the wider audience, to figure out a way in Aurena to connect documents to line level items.

Background - Apps 10 upd 9 (going on to 11 pretty soon), 100% Aurena usage intended , as still in implementation stage some tasks are done in IFS EE.

• What configurations are required to enable line level document attachments in Aurena? (ex: Purchase Requisition Line)

Currently the settings are as follows;

• How do we attach a document on line level in Aurena ?( ex.Purchase Requisition Lines). When a document is attached while the PR line is select, the document still gets attached to the Purchase Requisition Header section. In IFS EE, we select the PR line that we need the document attached and a drag and drop to the document pane does the job. I can’t find a way to do this in Aurena.
  • Object Transformation doesn’t show up on line level. How can this be enabled. Ex: Purchase Part has a document attached. Object Connection Transformation is enabled to show Purchase Part documents on Purchase Requisition Lines. This works in EE, but not in Aurena. Line level document is shown.

Below is the same PR in Aurena, only the header document is shown. Note the Doc No.

Any help to enable document connections and transformations on line level is appreciated.

Note: This issue is not confined to Purchase Requisitions alone, I have noted this generally across the board where line level connections are required.

icon

Best answer by Mathias Dahl 21 March 2021, 17:40

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

What configurations are required to enable line level document attachments in Aurena? (ex: Purchase Requisition Line)

The same as for IEE (using the Object Connection screen).

How do we attach a document on line level in Aurena ?( ex.Purchase Requisition Lines). When a document is attached while the PR line is select, the document still gets attached to the Purchase Requisition Header section. In IFS EE, we select the PR line that we need the document attached and a drag and drop to the document pane does the job. I can’t find a way to do this in Aurena.

Using the paper clip icon on the PR line. That will open up a "local" attachments section just where the line is. The attachments section at the bottom of the page is always for the object in the header of the page.

Object Transformation doesn’t show up on line level. How can this be enabled. Ex: Purchase Part has a document attached. Object Connection Transformation is enabled to show Purchase Part documents on Purchase Requisition Lines. This works in EE, but not in Aurena. Line level document is shown.

I think OCT should work on a line level as well as it does at the bottom of the page. Possibly there is something with this page that makes it not work. I think you should report a case about this, to the support queue that handles PRs (not Docman, the error is most probably not there).

If OCT does not work for any line in the application, it might also be a framework problem. You could report that too.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Thanks Mathias, it is such a simple thing at the end, but I was still in my IFS EE logic and confused. Thanks for your help! I will test the OCT in detail, at lease for now PR to PO OCT works on line level.