Solved

Credentials Required when reporting in Work Tasks

• 6 April 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

We just upgraded to  Apps 10 UPD 14, (from UPD 8) and are now being asked to re-enter our credentials each time a work task is finished. This is the case every time, unless they Create New Work, and enter it in themselves. I am unable to find a setting to turn off the re-entering of credentials. Anyone have an idea?

icon

Best answer by Bandula 11 April 2022, 15:36

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

HI @nkiphuth ,

I don’t think we have this in core solution. Can you please check whether any customization implemented ?

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

We do not have customization done to the maintenance portion of IFS.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @nkiphuth 

I checked with Rnd team who developed the functionality. They explained this is how it should work. 

But they noticed some problems already reported in that area (i.e. dialog for credentials pop up every time in some cases)  So please report a case if things not work according to below explanation. 

On WO/ Work Task, there is a tab called “Sign off requirements” where the sign off requirements for Executor, Inspector and Independent persons can be added. If a sign off requirement has been defined for an Executor (basically, add a line for sign off type “Executor” in that tab), then anything triggering the Work Task to “Work done” state would call a credentials sign off dialog (shown in that snapshot).

If a work assignment exists for a task, then setting the assignment to Completed automatically sets the work task to workdone state (there are some conditions for this, for example, the work assignment must be the last active one on the task). As work task is being triggered to work done state at this point, the credential dialog would be called and the sign off requirement will be signed off by the user after the user enters their credentials. This is how it should work on techportal as well, when the assignment is finished, the credentials dialog should be called- provided that the task has executor sign off requirements and is being triggered to work done state.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I checked, and we are not using the Sign Off Requirements. We have raised a case as it appears to be happening every time, as was raised to some to the RnD. Thank you for the explanation!