Question

Cost of sales services

• 11 May 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi all, 

In the help, it says that posting T3 “Cost of Sold services” posting control has been obsoleted in IFS applications 10. It also seems like there is a work in progress regarding that topic. Is anyone of you aware about a work around solution that would allow us retrieving the cost of sold services on a work order?

Many thanks

Ghita

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

In application 10, as you have already identified T3 is no more used, though it can be setup in posting control . CSS(cost of sold services) is mapped using adifferent mechanism called Cost Codes. 

A cost code can be configured to be used as a WIP cost code and also to be allowed to be used as an override cost code.

When the required cost codes have been defined, they can be used when configuring the cost code rules. The cost codes are also used as control type values for Control Type C106 that is used to define how a particular cost code should be posted.

You will find more information on this is the online documentation.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi Nethmini, 

Thank you for your reply. I checked out the C106 control type and I think it would be used with M50 posting control that works with M1, which makes it an inventory transaction. So I would assume that the cost of sales services will be captured through an inventory posting, is that correct?

Thanks

Ghita

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi Ghita,

With C106 you can set up any posting type such as T1, T2, TF1, etc. not only M50. Please try with other posting types as well where you need the Work in Progress handling.

Thanks,

Nethmini