Question

Cloud 23R1 - Reference Attribute Error in mWO Service

• 11 July 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +12

Hello,

Is it possible to reference a custom attribute to the JtExecutionInstance State value to display in mWO Service?

• I added a custom attribute and referenced to Jt_Execution_Instance State value.
  • Added this attribute to the WorkTaskDetails screen in mWO Service.   
  • From mobile, when I click on the attribute, the below error pops-up. Am I missing any step or is this a bug? Please let me know if anyone has faced this issue before.

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi

Custom Attributes of type Reference are not supported by the IFS Mobile Framework.

Doc: https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/22r1/030_administration/040_native_apps/020_configuration/040_entity_details/#attributes

Can't you use a String type read-only custom attribute which use a SQL Expression to achieve the same? 

Badge +12

Hi @kathlk,

As per our requirement, we need a lookup field. We would like to replace the Assignment status buttons with the lookup field. Similar to how the next Assignment Status button gets displayed automatically in the Work Details screen based on the conditions coded behind, we would like the lookup field to display the values based on conditions. (i.e., after Assigned > Accepted > Complete or Assigned > Start Work > Complete). Is this feasible in mobile?

There are some lookup fields OOTB in mobile which works fine. Are those customized?

I believe adding a SQL Expression cannot display a lookup? Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia

Badge +3

Hi @kathlk,

As per our requirement, we need a lookup field. We would like to replace the Assignment status buttons with the lookup field. Similar to how the next Assignment Status button gets displayed automatically in the Work Details screen based on the conditions coded behind, we would like the lookup field to display the values based on conditions. (i.e., after Assigned > Accepted > Complete or Assigned > Start Work > Complete). Is this feasible in mobile?

There are some lookup fields OOTB in mobile which works fine. Are those customized?

I believe adding a SQL Expression cannot display a lookup? Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia

When you say look up field, are you referring a field with a dropdown list connected to reference entity? or something else

Badge +12

Hi @kathlk,

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia

When you say look up field, are you referring a field with a dropdown list connected to reference entity? or something else

Hi @anjana.pat,

Yes, you are right. A dropdown field with a reference entity. Similar to the Work Type field in the screenshot provided above.

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi,

Please see below limitations in Mobile

• Custom Attributes of type Reference are not supported by the mobile framework.
  • Custom Attributes of type Enumeration with a Multi format are not supported by the mobile framework.
Badge +12

Hi @kathlk,

Can we please know when references and enumerations will be available in mobile for use?

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia