Solved

Cloud 22R2 - mWO Service - Add Map Position in My Work and Work Detail screens

Badge +12

Hello,

Is there a way to display the Map Position added to an Assignment in My Work and Work Details screen in mWO Service which the technician can utilize to navigate?

I’ve tried adding the Entity ‘TaskMapPosition’ to the Work Details screen with baseline attributes Latitude and Longitude. But the fields are displayed as normal text fields and not Address Fields which can be used for navigation.

I do not want the Latitude and Longitude to be linked to an Address or Location.

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia

icon

Best answer by anmise 3 April 2023, 09:10

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7

It should already be available in the app by default.

Badge +12

Hi @anmise,

In the Windows mobile app, the Map Position button doesn’t work as expected. When we click on the button, it does not open the Map for navigation. 

The App GPS is enabled for the device.

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia

Userlevel 7

Hi @anmise,

In the Windows mobile app, the Map Position button doesn’t work as expected. When we click on the button, it does not open the Map for navigation. 

The App GPS is enabled for the device.

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia

What happens when you click it then?

Badge +12

Nothing happens in Windows when I click on the button. In iOS and Android, it opens the default map with the coordinates mentioned.

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia

Userlevel 7

Have you defined a default app for maps in Windows?

Badge +12

While installing the mobile app, it has taken a wrong Map App earlier. I’ve changed it to Windows Maps and I’m able to open the Map Position now. Thank you.

Is it possible to automatically display both the technician’s (start address) and customer’s address (end address) in the map? Is that a baseline feature?

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia

Userlevel 7

While installing the mobile app, it has taken a wrong Map App earlier. I’ve changed it to Windows Maps and I’m able to open the Map Position now. Thank you.

Is it possible to automatically display both the technician’s (start address) and customer’s address (end address) in the map? Is that a baseline feature?

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia

Great that it works. It’s not possible to see the start users start address on the map. The idea would be that you’d use it to navigate from where you are (GPS location) to the job, rather than reference a static start location.