Question

Cloud 22R2 - Functionality to Hide Screens based on Conditions in MWO Service

Badge +12

Hello,

Is it possible to Hide/Display screens in Mobile (MWO Service) based on a condition in 22R2? I’ve checked the Workflow Configuration but this is not feasible through that screen. 

Below is an example but we have other scenarios to hide screens as well.

• Example: Hide “My Work” screen in Mobile, if the Technician’s Work Status is “Off Shift”?

Any inputs would be appreciated.

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia

8 replies

Userlevel 7

At this point it’s not possible. The availability is binary and controlled by permissions. 

Badge +12

Thanks @anmise. Is this feature available in 23R1 or in the roadmap? 

As a work around, is it possible to configure validation messages when the screen is opened?

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia

Userlevel 7

No, it’s not available in 23R1 nor on the road map at this point. Please raise an idea! 

It’s not possible to configure messages when you open a screen. What’s the use case you are trying to support here?

Badge +12

As mentioned earlier, we would like to hide certain screens based on different conditions. The technician shouldn’t be able to either view or make updates to the “My Work” or “Work Status” screens.

I’ve checked the Page Designer and the “Work Status” screen is unavailable. So if we would like to make changes to any such screen, what would be the suggested solution?

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia

Userlevel 7

As mentioned earlier, we would like to hide certain screens based on different conditions. The technician shouldn’t be able to either view or make updates to the “My Work” or “Work Status” screens.

I’ve checked the Page Designer and the “Work Status” screen is unavailable. So if we would like to make changes to any such screen, what would be the suggested solution?

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia

Sure, but why? 

Your only option to solve this at this point is a customization.

Badge +12

It is part of the customer’s requirement and we are trying to find possible solutions in Cloud through configuration. Thanks for your inputs.

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia

I think you can achieve this to some extent through the workflow configuration. You can enforce to log on to the shift before being able to change the work status by turning off the below action.

Badge +12

Hi @skullk

True but it doesn’t restrict the technician from performing further action like updating their Work details. It displays as an Alert message and doesn’t Validate the condition.

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia