Question

Cloud 22R2 - 'AddressField' Control Type for Custom Attribute

Badge +12

Hello,

I’ve created a custom attribute as “Cf_Latitude” and added it to the Work Details screen in mobile. I would like the Control type of the field to be ‘AddressField’ to display a Map.

But when I open the MWO Service, the below error is displayed. Do we have any restrictions to display as ‘AddressField’?

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia

10 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hey Priyanka,

I believe that we have spoke once before on  a call wirh Jerry Browning. Can you confirm that the user is able to at least pop a map when they click the pin icon in mobile or the Map Position icon within the task?

Also is the App GPS enabled?

Badge +12

Hi Matt,

Yes, we have spoken earlier. The App GPS is enabled for the device but I’m unable to navigate to the map from both the Address icon (My Work and Work Details screen) and Map Position button (Work Details screen). I’m able to open the ‘Update Map Position’ button within Work Details screen though.

All the above features work in iOS but not in Windows.

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Priyanka Cecilia V

From the cloud development perspective, Address Field is a collection of 12 fields and cannot map to a single field. Therefore I don’t think it’s possible to define a custom field as an addressfield control.

Check more here: Address Field - Technical Documentation For IFS Cloud

Regards,

Damith

Badge +12

Hi @dsj,

Appreciate your input. Yes, the AddressField in baseline has 12 fields but there must be some way to configure a custom field as Address or add additional custom attributes to the AddressField through configuration. I’m looking for a solution or way around this.

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia

Badge +12

Hi Matt,

Yes, we have spoken earlier. The App GPS is enabled for the device but I’m unable to navigate to the map from both the Address icon (My Work and Work Details screen) and Map Position button (Work Details screen). I’m able to open the ‘Update Map Position’ button within Work Details screen though.

All the above features work in iOS but not in Windows.

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia

@fishema, The Default App for Maps in Windows was missing, therefore I was unable to open the map. Now I’m able to open the Address icon and Map Position.

The only issue is with custom fields.

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi @Priyanka Cecilia V ,

This must be an issue with the page designer. As per my understanding, Address field is a collection of 12 attributes, even though you can see the control type as ‘AddressField’, still there is no option to specify the 12 attributes when it comes to the page designer. If you see the AddressField in the Work Details page from Page Designer which was added by code, the Attribute property has no value reflected. I think this must be reported through support.

Best Regards,

Navod Janitha

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Priyanka,

Thanks for the reply.  I wanted to get a baseline to ensure that the mapping capabilities were working.  This leads to my next question as what is the need for an additional field?   Is there a requirement that you need to capture the latitude/longitude that does not existing in the Update Map Position option?

Matt

Badge +12

Hi @fishema,

Since I was unable to use the Map Position earlier, I was looking for an alternate solution. The issue is resolved now after adding the Default Map in Windows app. 

But I would still like to understand if this is feasible or we shouldn’t we adding a custom field as AddressField, in case if there are requirements in future. I’ve raised a support case and they have moved the issue to R&D team.

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Thanks for the reply!  Does this also mean that turn by turn directions are working as well? 

I think keeping the support ticket open is good because that functionality should exist. Now that they have replicated it we can get that resolved for future requirements.

Badge +12

I haven’t tested it in real-time, so I’m not sure but we are able to provide the Start and End locations and view the directions in the map. So I believe it should work.

Definitely Matt. Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia