Solved

Can Azure BLOB storage be used to save document attachments in IFS ?

• 19 February 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Can Azure BLOB storage be used to save document attachments in IFS ? One of our customers has reported that database is growing rapidly due to the volume of documents they attached to records. Customer would like to consider other options and BLOB storage is preferred for the purpose. Does IFS support BLOB for the function?

icon

Best answer by Mayura Wasantha 19 February 2021, 10:59

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Right now we don’t have the Azure BLOB storage support for Document Files. However RnD has considered this as a candidate development for a incoming release. Meanwhile, to over come the growing database concern, customer could opt for the other repository options which is already there in the document management.

In another note, the media files (another attachment) does have an archiving support to Azure.

shared with @Mathias Dahl 

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Meanwhile, to over come the growing database concern, customer could opt for the other repository options which is already there in the document management.

Those other options are FTP and shared folders (on the application server itself or on a network share).

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@Mayura Wasantha , @Mathias Dahl  Thank you very much for the quick help

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@Mayura Wasantha @Mathias Dahl  Can you please clarify whether FTP and Shared folders are supported repository formats for an IFS environment hosted in MS Azure cloud ( through IFS Managed Services or Customer owned Azure environments) as I was informed that Azure hosted environments do not support  FTP or Windows share. I received an IFS PowerPoint on it, will dig up and share if I can find it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

@Mayura Wasantha @Mathias Dahl  Can you please clarify whether FTP and Shared folders are supported repository formats for an IFS environment hosted in MS Azure cloud ( through IFS Managed Services or Customer owned Azure environments) as I was informed that Azure hosted environments do not support  FTP or Windows share. I received an IFS PowerPoint on it, will dig up and share if I can find it.

Correct, FTP and Shared document repositories are currently not supported there.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Thanks for confirming this @Mathias Dahl