Question

Appearance design not synchronized to mWO / Aurena Native (Windows)

• 7 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5
  • Sidekick (Employee)
  • 7 replies

Dear all

Has anybody else experienced issues with the deployment / release of mWO appearance designs? I today have adjusted an appearance design and added a few new parameters to it, also uploaded pictures to link them as “resources”.
The design has been allocated to my Mobile user and I re-installed the application on Windows.

Appearance design is published and works just fine on the Aurena web client.

When initialization has finished, the baseline design was applied to the client, instead of the configured design:

Looking forward for learn if you had similar experience.

N.B. It works on Android.

Best regards:
Marko

FYI: @RobSimon

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi Marko,

Did you change Context to set-up the appearance designer? If so you need to Disconnect the App and Activate from the beginning. We do not expect to see Context changes after Activation.

I am presuming you checked Windows then activated the Android device hence why it appeared to only work on Android and not Windows.

Cheers

James

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@James Ashmore - just to clarify...you’re saying that re-initializing after an appearance design and corresponding context change will not be enough, we need to “disconnect and activate” the app, which to me means that we need to disable the app/device, delete it, and then reconnect thereby generating a new app/device record - is that correct?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

No need to disable and delete the app. Just disconnect and activate the app after a context change to pick up the new context. As the apps work today we don’t expect context changes after initial use.

Cheers

James

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

I was having trouble with this.  Just found the cause:

I was configuring light theme in IFS Cloud but my device was set to use Dark mode.