Solved

FSM Mobile Question; Where are Custom Fields defined?

• 4 December 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi All,

In the FSM Mobile Application there are baseline CUSTOM fields, as well as the ability to create CUSTOM fields for any screen.  

Some of the existing Custom fields are; 

• CUSTOM.FULL_NAME
    • DebriefOverview Screen 
  • CUSTOM.FORMATTED_TIME
    • JobList Screen
    • Displays a concatenated view of task.plan_start_dttm and task.plan_end_dttm
  • CUSTOM.FULL_ADDRESS
    • JobList Screen
    • Displays a concatenated view of address, city, state, zip etc.

There is the capability to add Custom Fields, which you then have the ability to configure limitedly.

My question;   It seems that all allowed configuration through designer is limited to the source and description, as present in the mm_field  table.       Nowhere in the mm_field table, or any other mm_field_** tables, can I figure out where the real source of these custom fields is defined.

Ref guide seems limited to the statement “If the field you want to add is not bound to a specific table and column, select Custom Field

Where, if at all, in the database/FSM does the system define the source/value for these Custom Fields?? 

Thank you in advance,

-Rudy

icon

Best answer by brian.gummin 9 December 2019, 21:39

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Digging a little deeper on this;  It seems that my question is mostly limited to the JobList screen, which has significantly less (custom) field options vs. the Debrief and other screen fields. 

I’ve been told the baseline Custom Fields values are defined in Code, only editable through customization (not going to do that)

Has anyone been able to successfully add Custom Fields to the JobList screen?

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

CUSTOM fields in mobile designs can be populated either through client code (customization) or client scripts (configuration).  The fields in your question on the DebriefOverview and JobList screens are indeed populated in the baseline client code.  However, if you wanted to change the content of the address information on the JobList screen, you could write a Client Script that populates the content of a different custom field with different information (e.g. address, city, zippost).  The script would execute on the Populate event of the JobList screen.  So you basically make the coded CUSTOM.FULL_ADDRESS field invisible, and add a new Custom Field populated with your client script.

See “Example 11—List Screen Population Script” in the FSM 6 Reference Guide.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Thank you, Brian!

Works like a charm in 6.     Not so much in 5.6.3, but that’s OK, we can live without it until the upgrade

Sincerely,

-Rudy