Question

How to control purchase parts used in Handling Unit

• 11 June 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi,

We have one scenario where we are buying boxes for packing the items. Now packing can be controlled in IFS through Handling Unit.

In Handing Unit, we define the category as boxes,pallets etc. but dont link to any purchased packing material.

Please suggest how this can be controlled in IFS.

Thanks

HA

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

On July 23th there is a webinar on Handling Units, maybe an idea to subscribe to that and ask your question there. Or shout-out to the one presenting.

BR/MR10

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Please look into “Handling Unit Accessories” for this capability.  Handling unit accessories are typically packaging aids, such as pallet collars, pallet lids or filling material. These items can be defined with both weight and volume which enables accuracy when calculating total load weight on shipments for customer orders. Handling unit accessories can be manually added to a handling unit structure or automatically by adding it to a handling unit packing instruction.   These accessories can be Purchased Parts--typically set as “expensed” items.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

If I get you correct you want to be able to plan and buy the package material required for you handling units? For instance keep track of how many pallets, boxes do I have in my inventory? How many are occupied and how many are free? Do I need to buy some more new pallets based on coming need etc?

This was discussed during the implementation of the Handling Unit feature. Unfortunately we did not have time to solve this within the time frame of the project. We have this in the product backlog, not sure when this will be started? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Anyone knows if this was implemented? Facing the same requirement. Who doesn’t keep track of pallet inventory?

Also - any advise on how to use “Handling Unit Accessories” as a workaround is much appreciated as well..

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Handling Unit Types or Handling Unit Accessories does not currently have an established link to inventory parts in IFS Cloud. This is something we’re investigating for future releases for Roadmap publications in due time.
So a current possible approach to operate replenishment of these types of packing mtrls by using inventory for replenishment, but the consumptions would have to be reported using manual established options at required frequency, for example by Manual Issues, Material Requisitions, or Counting.