Solved

What is the ‘Remaining Planned Hours’ in Project Resource Planning?

• 31 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi all,

Can someone tell me what the ‘Remaining Planned Hours’ in Project Resource Planning is?

My expectation is that the remaining planned hours = Planned Hours -/- Employee Allocated Hours.

So far it looks like it is the same as Planned Hours.

Thanks,

Robert

icon

Best answer by Paulde 31 August 2022, 10:13

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi Robert,

It shows the amount of hours for the resource that is planned on the project activity and not planned on a connecting work order. The Calculation is: Planned Hours - WO Planned Hours.

Your expectation is displayed in Tab “Resource Summary” in Field “Unallocated”.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

HI @Paulde ,

Thanks for you quick response. To be honest I do not really understand the field ‘Remaining Planned Hours’, I do not understand the phrase ‘not planned on a connecting work order’. in the calculation it looks like it is taking the planned hours of the work order. 

For now not relevant, we are not connecting WO’s to the project, so the field is not relevant, at least I have the information I was looking for in the resource summary

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Yes, the field is not relevant for you ;)

Resources can be planned in the project and work order.
For example, if a resource group both performs a connected work order (and is thus scheduled in it) and performs activities as project time, the scheduling in IFS would be as follows:

For example, if 20 hours are to be performed in the work order, and 10 hours of project time, the group will be scheduled with 20 hours in the work order and 30 hours in the project. The field ‘Remaining Planned Hours’ shows how many hours are planned as project time and should be assigned to an employee. 20 hours of the 30 planned hours are used by the work order.
If only 10 hours were entered as planned in the project, then according to logic, no project time would be planned at all (and actually too little for the work order).

This is because resource group can be used by both the project and the work order.