Question

Unfinished Activity Work

• 27 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi all,

What causes work to be placed into the unfinished activity work screen?

I have checked status and it doesn’t seem related to the status of the project - as new projects in ‘Started’ status don’t appear on the list. Is it related to dates? For example, after a certain activity date any unfinished activity work is placed onto this list. 

I have checked online documentation but cannot find any info.

Thanks,

R

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hello,

Unfinished Activity Work was developed to help users to be able close activities. An activity cannot be closed until all work that is in progress has been finished. It could be any activity connected work like a Shop Order in Released status or transactions that has not yet been transferred to General Ledger. Generating Unfinished Work will present those unfinished work items in this window. When there are no unfinished work, it should be possible to Close the activity.

This window is mentioned in the online documentation under the the Project Conclusion process. In addition, If you are using IFS Enterprise Explorer then you should be able to use F1 to get a description of what this window is used for.  (F1 function does not work for IFS Cloud.)

Hope that helps,

Åsa R&D

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hello,

Unfinished Activity Work was developed to help users to be able close activities. An activity cannot be closed until all work that is in progress has been finished. It could be any activity connected work like a Shop Order in Released status or transactions that has not yet been transferred to General Ledger. Generating Unfinished Work will present those unfinished work items in this window. When there are no unfinished work, it should be possible to Close the activity.

This window is mentioned in the online documentation under the the Project Conclusion process. In addition, If you are using IFS Enterprise Explorer then you should be able to use F1 to get a description of what this window is used for.  (F1 function does not work for IFS Cloud.)

Hope that helps,

Åsa R&D

So, a project with a shop orders in planned status wouldn’t show on the following page? I have tried F1 in apps 9 but the page is blank once redirected to online documentation.

Thanks,

R

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi,

If you have an activity connected Shop Order in Planned status and run Generate Unfinished Activity Work Itmes, then there should be a record of that shop order in that window with the message. The generation can be done for a project sub project or a specific activity.
“The object has not reached its final status. Work remains to complete the object.” I just verified this in  the latest IFS Cloud version, but this should work the same in IFS Applications 9.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi, 

Does anyone know why this error message would appear? The PO is closed but we still can’t close the activity

Any advice would be much appreciated