Question

UNABLE TO RESTRICT TIME REPORTING BASED ON PROJECT ACCESS

• 15 September 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Version:IFS Aurena

Project access is enabled and a team is granted access to the project. But, access to particular subproject is ‘Excluded’ for the same team in ‘Access Definition’ tab in ‘Project setup parameters’ screen. Despite this, a user belonging to the same team is able to report time on an activity of excluded subproject. What could be the reason ? If the team does not have access to a subproject, isn’t time reporting restricted. 

6 replies

Badge +1

@Johan Lagerström : Do you have any idea on this issue ? Thanks in advance for your help.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Udai Tolani,

Without looking at the data in detail it is difficult to say. Is the person perhaps a member of a different team granting them access?

Kind regards,

Johan

Badge +1

Hello @Johan Lagerström ,

No other team has access to project. Does this ‘Exclude’ sub project feature restricts time reporting ?

Regards,

Udai

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Udai Tolani,

Just to clarify, is the user able to see the activity and report time on their own behalf (or is this another user reporting time for them)? If so, then this should not be possible if the Exclude setting is used, so would probably be best to report as a support issue.

Kind regards,

Johan

Badge +1

Hello @Johan Lagerström 

If the user is reporting time for himself, system does not allow. But, if another user(sub project manager) is reporting time for the user, system allows (earlier, i was checked this case only). Don’t you think system should not allow time reporting (for excluded sub project) in any case as the user, for whom time is reported, does not have access ?

Regards,

Udai

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Udai Tolani,

Thanks for the clarification. Now that you mention it, I think that in the original design for this an exception may have been made for the project manager/sub project manager, allowing them to report time without having to temporarily grant access. This was a long time ago though and I may remember incorrectly, so if this is causing an issue it’s probably best to go ahead and report a support issue so it can be investigated in more detail.

Kind regards,

Johan