Solved

Transfer Inventory Part in Project Product

Userlevel 7
Badge +16
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 546 replies

Community,

I have a question about Project Delivery.

please refer to the screenshot, i am doing a project delivery, the top part 1044748 is a project specific part, it is a engineering part only, no inventory parts created, no MBOM created, and it does not have EBOM created in IFS, i manually added the project items and build the project delivery structure. 

i am using the RMB function Transfer Inventory Part, so I assume, system will base on the project delivery structure to create the MBOM in IFS accordingly, but unfortunately, it does not. system does not created any MBOM, neither the engineering revision. in part revision, you cannot see the Eng Rev created.

May I know, am I doing it correctly? what is the Transfer Inventory Part this menu original designed for?

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by EriLNL 19 May 2022, 16:58

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Ron,

The reason this is not build this way is because the Project delivery structure functions as a as build structure.

So creating a make part with a product structure conform what is in PD is not very functional.

Also the RMB you are referring to, we usually did not use that one,
but we would use the engineering transfer to create Inventory parts in a site from the Engineering parts.
The revision is then connected to the Inventory Part Revision, that has the phase in and phase out dates.

But the main thing to remember is that the PD structure is the as build, so a PD Item with 10 project specific components, if you create a SO for that, it will have the same 10 project specific materials in the same quantities.

Hope this is not to confusing…

Regards Erik

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@EriLNL Thank you for your reply.

What I understand from you is

1. for the top part in PD, always create it in engineering parts with structure(EBOM), then transfer to inventory. Do NOT do it in Project Product window. use PD copy function to have all EBOM load into PD.
  2. if you would like to make changes to the current EBOM in PD, and if you would make sure your shop order MBOM replicate your latest changes to the EBOM, make all the project item that are project specific, which means, uncheck the Standard Planned check box in window Project Product.

let me know whether my understanding is correct or not.

Thank you.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Ron,

I think you do.

The standard planned basically states “I do not care what is under this PD Item, I’ll just see this part and qty as demand for MRP”
So it will always, from there on, use the manufacturing standards product structure, to explode the demand into components.

Regards Erik

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@EriLNL Thank you very much.