Question

Shipment for Non Inventory Sales Part in Project Deliverables

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

My customer would like to ship licenses as “Non Inventory Sales Parts” via the project deliverable. The deliverable should be used to have a standardized solution for shipments in their business process.

In IFS Standard it is possible to ship such parts e.g. via Customer Order.
But in only inventory parts can be shipped via Project Deliverable.

Now my customer uses the customer order as workaround.

I would like to know the reason for this restriction. A decision must have been made to specifically exclude these "non inventory sales parts".
It would just need to change this check for the ‘inventory part’ to ‘No Parts’ (To stay in IFS Standard) and we could use standard shipping functionality (for Non Inventory Sales parts) in the project deliverables.

Thanks in Advance
Patrick

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi,

I guess we just did not think about that scenario.
The shipment was build to ship (project) inventory that was procured via the PD structure in SO’s or PO’s (or standard stock used on a project)

Things like, how would you control that you only send 1 license and not 2, in other words how would you keep track of the demand and the supply in the project deliverables structure.

Services for installation or commissioning could be arranged via work tasks, but thats for hours, not for a license.

What is the reason to add the licenses to the PD structure? Is it to make sure if you need 5 named users also a file for 5 named users is send, and send only once?

Regards Erik

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi Erik,

Is it to make sure if you need 5 named users also a file for 5 named users is send, and send only once => Yes

The customer searched for an “official” variant to track it.

Regards
Patrick