Solved

Running PMRP without creating MTR

• 15 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hi All,

I would like to ask if it is possible to - Run PMRP to create only purchase requisitions on the activities without creating Material Transfer requests between the activities if already items are available in the Project inventory. for e.g. 

• Activity A has the requirement of Part ABC for X Qty
  • Activity B already has Part ABC for Y Qty where X>=Y, but there is no current requirement of the part ABC.

in the above scenario, if I Run PMRP then in place of creating PR on Activity A, PMRP will create MTR between Activities between B and A. but the user doesn’t want that. So is there any set-up that I can stop triggering MTR and only create fresh purchase requisition for Activity A while there is already the Same Part qty existing on Activity B?

Kind regards,

icon

Best answer by majose 8 May 2023, 11:55

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi @MKSGulam ,

Have you tried using the below option in your Project PNG ?

You will still see a MTR is getting created but it will not be processed. The MTR will be of type “Planning” and it cannot be processed beyond the status “Released”, so a material transfer will not take place corresponding to this MTR. 

The user will not be able to process the MTR further (intentionally or unintentionally). Hence, can be used as an indication for the demand for Part ABC, and create a PR manually. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hello,

Just want to double check. Are you aware of the job Perform Project MRP per Activity? When you run this job, the logic will only net within the project activity itself. You can say it becomes like a normal MRP, but here we net per: site, part and project activity. (in MRP we net per: site and part)

And if you look at Tharindus screenshot of the Planned Netting Group setup… 

Here you can see a tab called Excluded Parts.

If you want to use the MTR functionality for majority of the parts, but for some you want to skip it, then 

you can add parts in this tab. These parts will be processed like: “Perform Project MRP per Activity”.

Best Regards,

Mats

Badge +1

Hi @Tharindu Illangasinghe and @majose ,

Thank you for your kind replies.
Let me reply to you one by one.

Tharindu,
 Yes, you are correct. I have seen that flag. But it is still creating MTR. It is not processing. Hence it is not creating new Purchase requisitions because it plans to take the inventory from already available material from another activity. It is we don’t want. So bottom line is we don’t want to use MTR at all. Please tell me if I am incorrect somewhere.

Majose,
Yes, I used that feature. Here we are scheduling the PMRP for Projects. So it is not advisable to do it on activity level . Can I schedule PMRP within Activity where activity is % ? So it shall run for all the activities? I haven’t tried that.
We can’t add parts to the exclude tab. Since we want all parts to be exluded, It will be a periodic process to add new part to the exclude list when ever new parts is created. It need to be done to all PNGs. 
We really don’t want to use MTR as we want to create PRs only.
Kind regards,
Gulam Hasan

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi Gulam,

When it comes to:

“Yes, I used that feature. Here we are scheduling the PMRP for Projects. So it is not advisable to do it on activity level . Can I schedule PMRP within Activity where activity is % ? So it shall run for all the activities? I haven’t tried that.”

Yes you can run for all activities if you leave the Activity Seq field blank in the Perform Project MRP per Activity job. Then it will do the netting on activity level. It will not create any MTRs.

We have also heard a few customers recently asking for a PMRP variant where we do netting on project level - but no MTRs.

Best Regards,

Mats (majose)

Badge +1

Hi @majose ,

Thank you for confirmation. I will try and test this PMRP at activity level with keeping activity field blank and schedule it.

Yes it is good to have option if we can do netting on project level without MTRs.

kind regards,

Gulam Hasan