Question

Resource Planning with MCPR setup

• 18 January 2024
  • 7 replies

Badge +4
  • Do Gooder (Partner)
  • 7 replies

Hi,

Any Lead to Explain the resource planning concept with MCPR scenario?

Regards,

Rasfe.

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Is this regarding the resource structure in IFS?

• The companies that you want to report MCPR on should be in the connections | companies tab
  • The resource individual should be linked to the resource group in the ‘Customer’ company as well

During the implementation at a customer we made an event for this, automatically connecting the resource to the default resource group when a MCPR-Employee was created. (we stored the default group in an employee property in the employee file, since the allocation to a resource group was handled in a different application.

Hope this helps.

Badge +4

Hi @MR10,

Thank you for your response. I am more thinking how we could plan the resources and analyze the Planned Vs Actual Values.

Lets think we have 2 employee Projects maintained different companies connected one single Customer Project. In such instance, how we should Plan the resources and analyze the Actual reported hours from one single Project.

Hope we cannot plan resources from customer project as it will be a double resource utilization.

Regards,

Rasfe.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

I would suggest to only plan the resource on the ‘master’ project. this prevents duplication. As well as having a single recharge activity to another company. With the IC recharge price list on that single project. Since the details of the project to recharge is already captured in the MCPR link.

CA10 to US10

RECHARGE.SP.100 to P1000.10.10

to P1001.10.20

But this would mean that you have to include the company/location in the resource group sequence.

What I typically suggest is a structure like this;

Project Managers (no individuals)

• Project Manager CA
    • Caleb
    • John
  • Project Manager US
    • Carrie
    • Meghan
  • Project Manager ..

Badge +4

@MR10 

Hope you are referring master project as customer project. We have a Requirement to Plan the Resources based on Resource Group as well as for the employees as well. During time registration from employee company the resource ID need to be fetched. Any suggestion to cater such instance.

Employee Company Transaction will have the resource ID, However the Internal price is fetched from Employee price.

In customer Company resource planning is not record as per IFS functionality, however we could observe the committed Cost as reported Time.

My requirement is for the specific customer project to observe the burn rate against planned vs actual. Since there are many employee projects working for specific customer project how do I plan my resources.

Regards,

Rasfe.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Maybe the pricing issue we should leave out of this, because if it is coming from the employee that is also fine. And indeed I’m naming the ‘master’ project the customer project.

You can get the resource ID on the customer project as well, if you link the MCPR employee to the resource group in that company. Than you can judge the burn rate on your customer project, it will show in you customer project as reported hours based on the MCPR transactions.

And if the MCPR employee is linked to the resource group you can even use the employee allocation in the customer project as well. 

Badge +4

@MR10 

I have done already below mention actions.

You can get the resource ID on the customer project as well, if you link the MCPR employee to the resource group in that company.

Below is my transactions.

Customer Company: Resource ID is not transferred  

If I try to edit the resource ID in customer transaction still no luck.

Employee Company Transaction

Regards,

Rasfe.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Does the resource have the following setup on the resource structure? 

This should make it possible to get the resource ID on the customer side of the transaction, also showing it on the resource tab of the customer project.