Question

Resource crews

• 1 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +5
  • Sidekick (Partner)
  • 14 replies

from relase 22R2 RESOURCE Crews were introduced for projects update. However is not very clear how to use them.

I have createda resource group-crew type, and it is available ,to use in service, manufacture , maintenance and projects 

then created a crew with periods and members

however when I want to use this crew in a project or WO/ routing I don’t have the option

Project’s doesn’t seem to allow any resource different to person type

WO only tools/ Equipment and person 

any idea how to allocate resource group type crew

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Charlotte @CM6 ,

The Crew development has been planned to be released over several versions, and in the 22R2 version there is limited functionality (you can define the crews, but cannot plan or allocate them).

This was extended in the 23R1 version, where they can be planned on work tasks (but with a delimitation excluding project connected work tasks). Crew support for projects is not currently included.

There is some additional information about this in the News PPTs for the 22R2 and 23R1 versions.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Johan

Badge +5

Very helpful. Thanks.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

If you are a member of a crew and you have a work assignment on a work task for that crew, should you be able to see the assignment from Tech Portal?   Do we know if transfer to mobile will be available for Crew Work Assignments in the future? 

Userlevel 7

If you are a member of a crew and you have a work assignment on a work task for that crew, should you be able to see the assignment from Tech Portal?   Do we know if transfer to mobile will be available for Crew Work Assignments in the future? 

Crew assignments in mobile will be supported in the next release (23R2). Tech portal is in the backlog, but currently not planned for a release.