Question

Report Planned Cost from Sub Contract

• 26 April 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Hello,

I created new Sub Contract with one line and one item. This item is connected to project activity. How do I transfer the planned costs from the line to the project activity? The button “Update planned costs” doesnt work for me. I guess there is necessary to set up under which cost element it should be visible in the planned costs/revenue on the project activity monitoring? How should I do that?

Thank you in advance.

Jakub

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @BeaJakubF ,

1. Make sure you have setup correct posting controls related to SCV in “Posting Control” screen

2. Then make sure to map those code part values using “Cost/Revenue Element per Code Part Values” screen.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

When the set up of posting control and cost elements are done, you should get planned cost in the connected project activity when the Sub Contracts ‘Revision and Items’ status Set Active is performed. If you want to get planned cost on the project activity before you set the revision to active, you can activate the checkbox/switch Report planned Cost manually. Only one revision can report planned cost at a time. 

Badge +2

Hi @Vibhusitha Jananjaya & @krhuno 

Thank you very much for the hint. I will try it. 

Do you know which Posting Types are mandatory for this to work? I would like to use local account code part and I would like to select different account number according to the item type selected on the sub contract item (this can be set up in posting control in details command, right?). Then I can pair this code part value to different cost elements... Is my assumption correct?
Many thanks in advance.

Jakub

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Posting Type SCV1-17 is for Sub Contract. You should try Control type SUBC4.

For planned cost in project, the code part for project must be defined with control type AC2

Remember to set up M113 as well.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Here is an example