Question

Project time registration in IFS CLoud

• 28 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Dear Community,

Somehow we are not able to register time for a project in our IFS Cloud environment.

The project and  its activity are released, report codes/ressources are assigned and no project access active.

I get no results when I search for my data in the “Time registration” page , but when I count hits I get 1 record (as below)

Do we need any new permission/license or further settings in the Cloud compared to Apps 9?

Thank you for your help.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @LKACH,

A few things to check:

• Have you set up a Time Registration time base for the employee? This can be done in the Time Registration Employee Time Base screen. Unless you use clocking terminals, ‘Job Hour Controlled’ is typically the option to go for.
  • Does the logged on user have HR Access to the employee? Can you see the employee info in other pages?
  • You may also want to check that the Project option is set to Active in the Time Registration Aware Modules (I suspect this is not related to the issue you are seeing, but still good to verify this).

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Johan

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Hi @LKACH,

A few things to check:

• Have you set up a Time Registration time base for the employee? This can be done in the Time Registration Employee Time Base screen. Unless you use clocking terminals, ‘Job Hour Controlled’ is typically the option to go for.
  • Does the logged on user have HR Access to the employee? Can you see the employee info in other pages?
  • You may also want to check that the Project option is set to Active in the Time Registration Aware Modules (I suspect this is not related to the issue you are seeing, but still good to verify this).

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Johan

Dear Johan,

Thank you very much for you feedback.

Your feedback support what I have assumed: The HR module's time recording and the project's time recording are somehow more connected in IFS Cloud than in Apps9.

Unfortunately, we don't use time recording at all in the IFS HR module as we have a third party solution.

It seems necessary for us to make adjustments and configure basic settings in the HR module.

I am optimistic that someone in our community here might have a guide or valuable insights on this matter. 😊

Thanks once again and have a good day ahead.

Best, Lidija